DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know there are other brands because I've owned them

But I want the factory/MOPAR mats only. I'm not asking where to buy them.........just kicking around the thought of if I'll like them.

My skepticism is that I love my longhorn mats and the emblems are so nice. I look at the rear mat and I think .....wow, there is great "coverage" with those mats. How much more coverage does the MOPAR mat give back there? Does it go all the way to the under seat storage "box"? Does it go all the way up to the back of the front armrest? If so, then maybe I'll use it when carrying the dog to the vet.

Does the front cover a lot more than the longhorn/limited front mat?

I'm thinking to buy them and just use when there is inclement weather on the driver side. I'm solo 90% of the time with my daughter being in college. My wife's lil size 5 shoes never do any damage :)

Anyone have them and want to share pictures? Guess my issue is that I looooove these longhorn mats....the mixture of carpet/rubber and the metal emblems.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you mean the factory all weather mats?

If so, I have a set.

Yes factory/MOPAR. I know where to buy them.....just not sure if I want them unless I can see some pics of them in someone's truck. I'll be getting mine from a dealer who sells on ebay...........always cheaper that way.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Mine do NOT cover nearly that much, mine are the factory mats standard on an Outdoorsman.
I can try to get pics if you want - mine are installed the same way just over the cloth mats - rubber winter/sandy conditions , cloth other.

LOL wasn't offering to sell, just wanted to know if that is what you were referring to and if you want pics.

·
Premium Member
32,783 Posts
comment about all mats

PLEASE PLEASE use the hooks on the driver side front floor mat
a mat that can move under the drivers feet could cause a major accident

·
Registered
16 Posts
Agreed. Hooks are a must. They are not hooked on mine as I threw it back in to just take the picture. I had them out to clean.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mine do NOT cover nearly that much, mine are the factory mats standard on an Outdoorsman.
I can try to get pics if you want - mine are installed the same way just over the cloth mats - rubber winter/sandy conditions , cloth other.

LOL wasn't offering to sell, just wanted to know if that is what you were referring to and if you want pics.
Absolutely.....any pics will help. I’ll prob order them today. A lot of ppl go to their dealership to buy. I buy from dealerships who sell on eBay at discounted prices.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Thanks guys. I ordered them from ebay dirt cheap....as I always do. I order from dealers who sell on ebay.

I will only use the driver side during inclement weather and rear when taking dog to vet. My concern isn't with looks of the all weather ones or there being a hump in rear, etc.......it's because I think the Long Horn mats are absolutely beautiful.

Full disclaimer: The entire interior of my vehicles look brand new 2,3,4 years later (even without all weather mats). When I traded my 16 GMC, the dealer asked if I ever drove it because the inside was so clean. I'm that super anal guy who takes about 1 minute at the end of each day to vacuum the driver side of my truck. I got it from my mom....if she ever rides with you, she takes the mat out and shakes it off when she gets out. #anal

·
Registered
301 Posts
Thanks guys. I ordered them from ebay dirt cheap....as I always do. I order from dealers who sell on ebay.

I will only use the driver side during inclement weather and rear when taking dog to vet. My concern isn't with looks of the all weather ones or there being a hump in rear, etc.......it's because I think the Long Horn mats are absolutely beautiful.

Full disclaimer: The entire interior of my vehicles look brand new 2,3,4 years later (even without all weather mats). When I traded my 16 GMC, the dealer asked if I ever drove it because the inside was so clean. I'm that super anal guy who takes about 1 minute at the end of each day to vacuum the driver side of my truck. I got it from my mom....if she ever rides with you, she takes the mat out and shakes it off when she gets out. #anal
We must be related... =D

Neurobit

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We must be related... =D

Neurobit

LOL ........my wife doesn't like driving my vehicles because she knows I'll give her an old school army inspection when she returns. Take your chewing gun wrappers, those ink pens and rubber bands and ummm.....that "dew" that dripped into the cup holder from your ice cold drink, you could have dried that out. lol

I got it bad........regardless of what kind of car it is.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
I do have to venture int the Durango weekly to clean out the receipts, loose change, straw papers, etc... and leave the pile on the counter with a note that its a vehicle and not a junk drawer. I love my wife but she's a cochina sometimes

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Got the mats yesterday. All of them went into the bed of my truck (after a test fit) except the driver side because it will rain over the next week. The fronts cover a lot......the entire floor plus more. The back.........well, I like it, but I think the stock rear mats already cover a lot.

The mats are really nice tho. Shocked at the fitment of the front and how much they cover. I'm solo 99% of the time with no small kids, no job outdoors, etc ............so I'm good with just the driver side one during inclement weather and the rear one when taking the dog to the vet.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts