DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone have any experience with the MOPAR Cold Air Intake (P/N 770700233)? I'm walking a fine line between mild performance enhancement and maintaining my extended warranty! If I didn't have the warranty issue I'd go for the Vararam in a heartbeat, along with a host of other items, but I need to be careful... for now.

·
8,070 Posts
With adding aftermarket parts such as a CAI or exhaust the only way it can void your warranty is if the dealership can prove your mod is what caused the problem. Other than that it should not void it in any way.

Personally I wouldn't even bother with the Mopar CAI. It will give you a little more flow and sound over stock but since it's not a true CAI like the stock set up is you will be pulling in much more hot air. Therefore you are not gaining anything. You would be better off adding a drop in filter to your stock box, changing the intake tube between the box and throttle body, and adding a secondary intake pipe to the bottom of your stock box (search the forum for threads on that).

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SO, a K&N (OEM Replacement) for example and better piping/tubing options over the MOPAR piece? Hey, I'm down for experimenting! I'm trying to search for these old threads right now.

·
8,070 Posts
SO, a K&N (OEM Replacement) for example and better piping/tubing options over the MOPAR piece? Hey, I'm down for experimenting! I'm trying to search for these old threads right now.
I think I found that thread:

Airbox Intake Tube Mod

Makes sence I guess, I remember guys doing that with thier Camaro's and Firebirds back in the mid 90's.
Yup that's the thread! I even did that mod to my Airaid intake to get more air into it. But if I had to do it over again probably would have done exactly what I told you. For what I gained out of the Airaid intake the cost wasn't really worth it. If they made a Vararam for my truck that would be a different story though....

·
8,070 Posts
If you could get the S&B scoop to work it would definitely be a nicer finish. But since that scoop is made for a S&B intake I can definitely see it being a little difficult to get that hooked up to the stock air box properly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts