171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Painted the Mopar filler door. May lay one more coat of clear:thk:

Attachments

·
Registered
251 Posts
Painted the Mopar filler door. May lay one more coat of clear:thk:
Nice paint job. I had that type on my 06 and didn't like the fit or the fact that it couldn't be locked (unless you use a locking gas cap). I found one that looked like the real thing and actually locked. I can't remember were I got it, I think autozone or something. I will be doing the same with my new truck.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I did one more clear coat. I do have a locking gas cap, actually one of the first things I bought.

G

·
PX8: given the cost of gas, that's something I need to buy also. I caught the neighbor's kid last month out at 10 PM wearing a hoodie and sneaking around my neighbor's truck with a one gallon can and a siphon...but I'm a bit surprised that Dodge didnt put a inside gas door release on any of their trucks. From a security perspective, the locking caps are much more secure since a simple screw driver will pop open a door.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Seems pretty solid and made by Mopar. Longhorn, that Bully gas door looks good in black.

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks :) I didn't realize that the pic on the truck would differ so much from the pic of the gas door by itself.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Looks good. And yeah, with our gigantic gas tanks, especially my 34 gallon one for the 2500, makes me real worried about gas prices going up. But if you were going to siphon gas...would a 5 gallon jug not be better? lol

I'll just be sure to park my truck in the garage overnight when it has a tank above 1/2

·
Registered
275 Posts
Have figured out over the years that locking gas caps are only deterrents for honest thieves. Have had a couple that have frozen up in the winter due to cold weather and ice. All it take to get into the is a straight screwdriver and a light tap with a hammer. Drive the screw driver into the key slot and turn. Goes almost faster than with the actual key.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Anyone wanting your gas does not have to siphon or open doors/locking gas caps.
All they have to do is punch a hole in the bottom of your plastic fuel tanks and let it drain into any container. The excess will spill onto the ground and maybe light up the entire block.
(I plan to install a heavy skid-plate beneath my tank and a locking gas cap and a locking door too. Visible Locks keep honest men honest. They send dishonest thiefs to the easier marks.)
(*I don't need to outrun that bear... I only need to outrun YOU.) LOL

1 - 17 of 17 Posts