DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed my Christmas gift yesterday since it was such a nice day. I got the Mopar heated seat kit 82210896AB. I followed the instructions and removed the drivers seat to install the heating pads. It was easier with the seat out however I realized that it could have also been done while still in the truck. So I installed the passager side heating pads without removing the seat. I did end up with a few cuts on my hands and I also broke one of the trim pieces for the seat, easily repairable or replaceable. However all in all it went pretty smoothly and I now have heated seats in my RAM. I ended up using the switches that came with the kit however since they do not have the factory look I ended up putting them on either side of the centre console in easy reach. I have attached a few pics.

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
Nice job! Really like where you installed the switches! :rep: :D

·
Premium Member
15,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice job! Really like where you installed the switches! :rep: :D
Thanks for the points. Ya, I am quite pleased with where I mounted the switches. Out of sight however easy to press and when the LEDs are on you can glance down and see them from the driving position.

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
Nicely done Randy! :smileup:
I noticed there are 6 LEDs. Does this kit offer 6 different heat settings?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Nice job!! Are those switches too big for the factory location?? Could a person buy the factory switches and hook them up?

·
Premium Member
15,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sweet looking. was thinking about doing that to mine one day. Nice job looks good.
Thanks, they heat up really good as well.

thats awesome, think thats compadable on a 2nd gen?
I see no reason why they would not work on a 2nd gen, you just need to figure out how to get the heating pads installed since the seats are different. There is only a single connection to the vehicles electrical and it's made to the 12volt keyed recepticle in the centre console. It's plug and play on the 3rd and 4th gens so it may just plug in on yours as well.

Nicely done Randy! :smileup:
I noticed there are 6 LEDs. Does this kit offer 6 different heat settings?
Thanks Brad for the rep points, I only need three more to hit the 1000 so come on guys push me over the top LOL. :D

There are only three heat settings, low medium and high. First press is high and all 6 leds are lit, second press is medium and 4 leds are lit, third press is low and 2 leds are lit and the next press turns them off.

Nice job!! Are those switches too big for the factory location?? Could a person buy the factory switches and hook them up?
Thanks. In theory you could probably do it however you would need to build an interface box. The mechanical properties of the switches are different. I did research it but in the end I decided to somewhat hide the switches and get my heated seats installed, it's getting colder here every day,

·
Registered
917 Posts
Nice install Randy, looks great. REP POINTS FOR THIS INSTALL.!!!!

·
Premium Member
15,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
looks good,this the 250 dollar kit right..i want this kit ,but i have cloth seats think i can still use it
^^^ Might be $250 down there it was $300 here but everything is more expensive in Canada. No worries about the cloth, this kit works on leather or cloth. I have the cloth seats and it installed with no problems. Really works good and on those cold mornings. :smileup:

·
Premium Member
15,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That looks great nicely done. Will look at that for my 08
Thanks. BTW it is the same kit for the 08's. It actually can be installed on several different vehicles as well, not just the RAM.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Nice mod Randy. Just in time looking at the forecast. What do you think of the PIAA Heads & the Putco Fog's. I would really like to see some pic's of those....:smileup:

·
Administrator
2017 Ram Rebel 5.7L Flame Red
42,016 Posts
Thanks. BTW it is the same kit for the 08's. It actually can be installed on several different vehicles as well, not just the RAM.
Thanks for the information Randy. Unfortunately I don't have the center console like the newer RAMS your positioning of the switches is great I think

·
Premium Member
15,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nice mod Randy. Just in time looking at the forecast. What do you think of the PIAA Heads & the Putco Fog's. I would really like to see some pic's of those....:smileup:
Ya I forgot to get side by side pics. I did post a pic here --> http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=91737 in post #13 but it's not very good. They are brigher than stock however don't compare to the HID output. Overall I'm pleased with them. Once I get them aimed I feel they will light up the road in front of me better.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Thanks Randy. I'm thinking of going back to this kind of set up Rather than all the hassells of the Hid's. I know they work great for some vehicles & not others.

·
Premium Member
15,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks Randy. I'm thinking of going back to this kind of set up Rather than all the hassells of the Hid's. I know they work great for some vehicles & not others.
HIDS or projectors do look sick but they can cause problems if they are not installed properly. They may also effect the warranty if they do something to the electrical system like god forbid fry the TIPM. I do sometimes wish I had more light up front, maybe something behind the grill could help. I'm thinking of getting the honeycomb mesh inserts so perhaps I could mount something in behind.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts