DODGE RAM FORUM banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Banned
885 Posts
might look into ridgid lighting, google it, they have some pretty intense LED bars that might fit your application. Im looking to put one of their bars somewhere on the back of my truck so I can see better when backing up at night (tint). they also have a cool video on youtube called ridgid torture test or something like that

·
Registered
1 Posts
I put the seat kit on during Christmas break also. I have cloth seats in my 07. Works nice. The only problem I'm having is one switches Low position LED's are already starting to blink and go off and on. It doesn't matter if you are in high, med or low, these two still blink. In low, the seat still heats so think it is a bad switch. I have contacted the selling dealer for a replacement switch but haven't gotten a reply yet.

·
Addicted to the Z
15,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I put the seat kit on during Christmas break also. I have cloth seats in my 07. Works nice. The only problem I'm having is one switches Low position LED's are already starting to blink and go off and on. It doesn't matter if you are in high, med or low, these two still blink. In low, the seat still heats so think it is a bad switch. I have contacted the selling dealer for a replacement switch but haven't gotten a reply yet.
I agree that it must be the switch, they are actually pretty flimsy. With the Mopar name behind it I was expecting better quality on the switches. Anyway it was a Christmas gift so I can't complain too much, just hope it holds up. So far they are working perfectly, even the low setting is nice and warm.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Great post/info! Thanks for the info, + rep points...

·
Addicted to the Z
15,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
So the empty wiring harness under the seat is where they plug into? There is no relay to install or is it already in the truck?
Nope, everything you need comes with the kit including all the wiring. The only connection to the truck is into the 12v plug on the centre console, the one forward of the shifter. You need to run the wires from there under the rug to the drivers and passenger seats.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Will this kit work on the 2014 Ram 1500s? My seats are cloth, and also have the electric lumbar support. Curious if that will hamper the installation.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I installed this kit in both the front and rear seats of my 2012 crew cab. The power plug is the only thing that is specific to the factory plug which is the power outlet in the center console and in my case I used the front power outlet for the front seats and the rear facing power outlet for the rear seats. If the plug for the power outlets remained the same the kit should work on your truck. As far as the lumbar my seat has the lumbar adjustment and it was no problem.

Mopar would come out with a new kit number specific to your year if the plugs did change.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I installed this kit in both the front and rear seats of my 2012 crew cab. The power plug is the only thing that is specific to the factory plug which is the power outlet in the center console and in my case I used the front power outlet for the front seats and the rear facing power outlet for the rear seats. If the plug for the power outlets remained the same the kit should work on your truck. As far as the lumbar my seat has the lumbar adjustment and it was no problem.

Mopar would come out with a new kit number specific to your year if the plugs did change.

Thanks for the quick reply. I did a little bit of digging and research, and contacted the company that acctually makes the kits for MOPAR, which is heatyourseat.com. After bombarding the lady on the phone with questions for 40 mins, she told me the '13-14 Rams are a wee bit different to the previous models. The difference being; there is a safety switch/sensor located in the bottom passenger seat. So basically no bum heat for the passenger, but you can get lower back heat for the passenger seat. Now the drivers seat is completely different, whereabouts you get the FULL heating effect (bum and lower back) with the kit they offer.

I just ordered the kit with the correct wiring harness to plug into the 12volt source, and all the required heating elements/wiring/module/switch...etc. I will do a full write up with detailed photos when I get the time.

Stay tuned! :smileup:

·
Registered
1,439 Posts

I keep coming back to this mod... I really would like heated seats and if i can do this without going to the dealer i would like to give it a try. So do you have the center console or the jump seat? I have the jump seat. Im not sure where to plug in for power? :4-dontknow:

Any info would be great. :smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Addicted to the Z
15,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I keep coming back to this mod... I really would like heated seats and if i can do this without going to the dealer i would like to give it a try. So do you have the center console or the jump seat? I have the jump seat. Im not sure where to plug in for power? :4-dontknow:

You should be able to plug the wiring adapter into the back of any 12v power outlet. I had the console so I'm not sure where the closest one for you would be. If not you can always hard wire into a suitable 15A circuit, my favourite place to tap into is under the dash where the trailer controller wiring is, a large yellow wire carries 12V with enough amps.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I finally found the instructions online and it shows the adapter going to the power outlet on the driver side dash that runs off the engine.

I finally decided to order them this morning as a Christmas present and hope they will be in before the weekend so I can install them. I believe I can do the install myself with the help of my dad or brother to make things go a little faster/easier hopefully... Doesn't look to bad but I know how things can go. I hope to have a good news on this mod durning the weekend.

If all goes good I may consider doing the back seats also at so point. I wasn't sure if that could be done but since APSTRAM has done it I think I would be willing to give that a try also.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I finally found the instructions online and it shows the adapter going to the power outlet on the driver side dash that runs off the engine.

I finally decided to order them this morning as a Christmas present and hope they will be in before the weekend so I can install them. I believe I can do the install myself with the help of my dad or brother to make things go a little faster/easier hopefully... Doesn't look to bad but I know how things can go. I hope to have a good news on this mod durning the weekend.

If all goes good I may consider doing the back seats also at so point. I wasn't sure if that could be done but since APSTRAM has done it I think I would be willing to give that a try also.
Can you post a link to the install instructions that you found? I am wanting to do this as well.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts

I just saw your post, I do have the center console and was able to attach the power to the rear power outlet on the console.

I ran the wiring under the carpet along the rear hump then I removed the console to make things easier although I probably did not really have to since the rear panel of the console does pop off and I could have just done that. I will take some pictures of the rear panel showing the placement of the switches.

I don't know the configuration of you jump seat does it have a power port in the rear?

21 - 40 of 58 Posts