DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally found the truck I wanted and pulled the trigger yesterday. One thing I wasn't sure about was the max protect warranty. The lifetime warranty is pretty comprehensive but also quite expensive (3845 with tax... though you can get it a bit cheaper). Normally extended warranties on cars aren't worth it but since I've never er owned a Ram (or an American car other than my first $500 beater when I was in college), and I have 60 days to get a full refund I went ahead with it. I probably will refund it because I can pay less for the same warranty online (like literally the same exact warranty), but I'm wondering what you folks think of it in general? Have you purchased Max Protect in the past? Has it saved the day (or at least paid for itself)? How expensive are Rams to repair vs say Lexus? The warranty I got was the Mopar max protect lifetime with a $200 deductable. My dealer provided a "free" 7/100 powertrain, so this would only be for non power train components for the first 7/100, then it would cover everything (that wasn't modded).

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
I bought the max care lifetime w/$100 ded in 2016.
I have never used it yet, obviously, but plan on keeping the truck for, well the rest of my life. lol.
If I never use it in 15-20 years, I still feel it will have been worth it. Since, it seems if you have a spare or coverage then things never fail. :)

Our radio alone is about $1300-1500.

·
Registered
143 Posts
It paid for itself on my mom's 2006 Dodge Charger Daytona. I was surprised when it covered new struts and shocks.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
Shocks and struts are wear items, I am surprised it'd cover those too. If that's the case its just a matter of when it'll pay for itself, not if.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I paid $2,750 for $100 deductible lifetime maximum care from Clay Robbins at Robbins Motors CJDR in Kansas. The 200 deductible is $2,450. Well worth it since there are so many electronic components, sensors and I have air ride as well.

Dealer wanted 3,995 and online at chryslerwarrantys.com was 3,331.

Clay`s email is [email protected]. he is the managing partner for the dealership. Nice guy.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I paid $2,750 for $100 deductible lifetime maximum care from Clay Robbins at Robbins Motors CJDR in Kansas. The 200 deductible is $2,450. Well worth it since there are so many electronic components, sensors and I have air ride as well.

Clay`s email is [email protected]. he is the managing partner for the dealership. Nice guy.
Thanks for the tip. I'll definitely reach out to him

·
Registered
42 Posts

Thanks for the tip. I'll definitely reach out to him
He is the cheapest by far and totally legit Mopar plan. It showed up instantly on my Mopar page.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Like Life insurance, I hope I never use it but if I do, it will be nice to have it.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Say you get a 7 year 75K mile plan. When does that time start? Last Friday when I picked up my truck and it runs concurrently with my factory warranty? Or does it begin the day after the factory warranty ends.

If I decide to keep the truck, I'll def pick up the max care or a lesser one

·
Registered
70 Posts
Extended Warranties is basically like insurance.
It you don't use it you feel like its a waste of money.
If you need it you would be glad you had it.
It is a gamble, but nice to have a piece of mind.
Asking a group of people an Extended Warranty for just about anything and replies always range from its a waste to it paid for itself many times over.

·
Registered
247 Posts
How long do I have to purchase MOAR warranty at these "reasonable" prices before they increase?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How long do I have to purchase MOAR warranty at these "reasonable" prices before they increase?
Predicting the future is hard lol but I'd say the sooner the better. It went up $10 since the last quoted price for the $200 deductable (I paid $2460). That said Clay is still _by far_ the cheapest price and you get it for quite a bit below published dealer cost (another dealership showed me the "cost to them" on their computer).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts