DODGE RAM FORUM banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,612 Posts
If you do decide to buy the Extended Warranty of any duration, make sure it is a plan that will cover you at ANY Dodge dealership in the USA, Canada, & Mexico. Those are all sold by FCA.
After Market company extended warranties are sold by dealerships too, some of them are only good in a few States directly around you.

My personal experience was i bought a 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 in January 2009
I was in the Finance Office & the person told me that i should get one of the Extended Warranties, so i bought a 5 year Basic Extended Warranty.
When my Ram had 2 years & 34,000 miles on it, i heard a Service Writer giving a friend of his some advice.
He told his friend that he should buy the Lifetime Extended Warranty, because his 3 year Bumper to Bumper was about to expire & 3 years is when parts start breaking.
He also said that the extended warranty had to be purchased before the Factory Warranty expired.

I rushed over to the Finance Office & told the manager that i wanted to get a Lifetime Extended Warranty.
He had me sign papers that Cancelled the 5 year Basic Extended Warranty, it still had value.
That value was put toward the brand new Lifetime Maximum Care Warranty & i paid $1,100 more to get the new Lifetime Plan.
So my new Plan began at 34,000 miles
I sold that Ram a couple of years later & that new plan that began at 34,000 miles, still had Value & i received a check for the Value amount.

There are companies that sell Mopar Factory Plans, if you show the Finance Manager what you found online, they will do their best to match it.
One such company is http://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/ , it sold by Zeigler Auto Group

·
Registered
500 Posts
From what info I received from Sean at Hemifever Tuning was told mileage does not record on the ECU. Send him an Email regarding this at Hemifever tuning.

·
Registered
18 Posts
If it's gonna be a questionable "covered under warranty", maybe see if you can find out what the service people like to eat and have some of said food with you when taking the truck in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
For whatever it is worth I have been in the automotive business for 17 years and found the
Mopar warranty to be a reliable source of coverage. The only times I have seen a upset customer was usually when there expectations of the warranty were unreasonable. In cases where a vehicle was neglected for long lengths of time or modified, in these cases the warranty isn't going to cover possibly related issues.
I have found that Mopar doesn't look for a reason to not pay claims like some companies, but they do look out for there selves and send out inspectors in cases where there is a major repair without proof of proper maintenance.

I also recommend visiting Chrysler-Factory-Warranty.com for your warranty.
they are very helpful and will give you a huge discount over the dealer.

Hope this helps

21 - 24 of 24 Posts