DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dealer called me today to pickup my Mopar Oval Steps today Part # 82211496AF. Easy install. They came free with my truck purchase, not bad.

Enjoy the pics.:smileup:

·
Registered
418 Posts
Hey, they look good! I really like the look of the tubular steps. I got a set of black ones on my truck.
Easy install huh......I wish it was warm in Illinois when I got mine because I'd be doing them myself too. Instead had the bozo tech at the dealer half ass it

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, they look good! I really like the look of the tubular steps. I got a set of black ones on my truck.
Easy install huh......I wish it was warm in Illinois when I got mine because I'd be doing them myself too. Instead had the bozo tech at the dealer half ass it
Was hot here in Texas today(72), I'd like to install my stuff myself. I enjoy it.

·
Registered
418 Posts
:LOL: Well no garage and 10 degrees and snowing outside means I will pay the dealer. Sure was a PITA though having to take it back to them when they left my right side one loose

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
hah! I just got the call to go pick up mine from the dealer about 10 minutes ago. Perfect timing to encourage my install tonight! :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Love how those look! Perfect spacing. Saw a truck today that had way too much space between truck and steps...ugly.

RAMTX...Central TX??? I'm in Temple. Live down the street from Mac Haik Dodge.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Any pics of them from a little further away?? I am thinking of getting these for my '11
I will post some pics of it this afternoon as soon I get back home.:smileup:

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
9 Posts
I stood on a few of the mopar steps at the dealer and wasn't very excited - they flexed a LOT (and I'm not a big guy) just pushing on them with one foot.

Two feet and bouncing and they were pretty sketchy. Even the sales guys eyes were a bit wide. Mind you, the only trucks they had them on were used 4th gens, but still......

no such problems with yours?

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My is not that flexible at all. I jumped on it and did not moved. I could see some movement on the bracket but I think is normal.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Therin is why I really looked around before purchasing my steps. I chose the new 6" oval Ionic Raptors. First of all, they have a 500lb rating per side. Secondly they are made from 304 stainless and the endcaps are welded and not screwed or bolted in. I installed them in a little over an hour with a 3/8" ratchet, two sockets and a hex key socket. Could not have been easier. Being a big guy 6'6" and 300lbs I wanted something I could step on and not have them flex......they are solid as a rock.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts