DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I have read another thread that mentioned that 2011/12 model year Mopar Side Steps would fit a 2015 but wanted to get some clarification and confirmation that this is true. I want to buy the Black CC length steps from my dealer and have seen what kind of damage the 2013-15 model steps can do to the Pinch welds once the paint flakes from the pressure of the install and flexing of the step over time. Once salt from our CDN winter gets in there its going to be a horrible mess in a few short years so was told and given a model # for the 2012 steps that fit just fine yet only utilize the frame to install, not the pinch welds. Seems tons of after market steps don't touch the PW's so I know a frame-only install isn't going to compromise strength of the install/steps.

Trouble is my dealer refuses to see past the computer screen and robotically tells me they won't work on a 2015. I talked to the Body shop guy (which is the area of my dealer where they are installed) who seemed to know quite a bit but he was still unsure. Regardless of the steps used are holes required to be drilled into the frame for either model of step on the 15's or are there factory install points already there?

I would greatly prefer NOT to be squishing the 2013-2015 style steps into the soft paint covering my pinch welds. at the very least if I ever have to remove I am dealing with instant paint repair on the PW's.

I was still debating on getting the Amp Power deployable boards but at over twice the price installed I will most likely be getting the Mopar for $714 CDN installed. After the AutoAbility rebate with doctors note for my wife's bad knee they will cost me maybe $57 out of pocket

Thanks for any input

·
Registered
68 Posts
I see that this post was from quite a while ago but maybe someone will see it.
I was looking at a set from a 2015 for my 2012 and the guys at dodge said they will not work because they changed the mounting bracket in 2013.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I put Mopar brand on my truck. They mount to the inner rocker metal and use Rivnuts. Don't touch the Pinch Welds and are very solid

1 - 3 of 3 Posts