DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a new '18 Sport and I need a roll up tonneau cover. I saw one on a '19 Sport that is exactly what I want and it was a Mopar version as well according to the label attached on it and not aftermarket.
The '18 roll up versions are made with a coarse material which may be tough but looks sort of dirty or dusty all of the time from what I have seen and not really a true black color (my truck is black) - but the '19 version has a glossy material more like Lund, Extang, or Truxport models - which is what I prefer because they appear easier to keep clean looking and a truer black color.
Can anyone tell me if a '19 cover will fit on an '18 box well?
I have a new RAM box liner (under rail fit model) so I'm sure that wouldn't make any difference, but the local parts guy tells me the '19's are so much different on all dimensions, he doubts one would fit an '18 model!
Anyone know enough to comment about fit from their own 'hands on' experiences?
Oh - and it is a 5'7" box that I have as well!
Thanks greatly for any input or info.. Randy

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many of the aftermarket ones I've seen don't seem to fit down flush as well as the Mopar version. They do however have the cover color and finish I want - so that may end up how I may have to go in the end. Today I measured up a '19 Sport box at a local dealer's and the dimensions aren't all that different from mine.. but I'm not sure unless I actually put a '19 cover on mine to test whether those differences would actually be a problem. Was just hopeful somebody on here might have had an '18 and traded up and kept their tonneau and found it either would refit or not on the newer model.. plus I can get a good discount at my dealer's counter - maybe not so much from retailers elsewhere.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts