DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They say 'built ram tough'....whats the most stressfull situation your truck has been in????I grew up next to the smallblock chevy,never really been into fords(ive seen a few take a beating)..within the last 3 years ive gotten into ram trucks,the 96 1500 4x4 ex cab being my 4th ram so far..lol..my first one was a 98 ram 2wheel drive ex cab short box,with the 3.9 engine..I only put around 10,000 miles on it before i sold it..(170,000 when sold)but,they were hard miles..I drove it to the U.P. for the st.ignace car show pegged on the expressway..It topped out at 105mph,and it kept kicking in and out of overdrive,because the engine couldnt produce enough power at 80 mph...the truck never overheated,never used oil...the trans would slip going into second gear,but ,i would let of the gas and it would shift..it would only slip when cold...very reliable truck..the most stress i put on it was when i put a vintage slide in camper in the back..it was a heavy camper,intended for an 8 foot box..i had to leave the tail gate on,just so i had an extra 2 foot of bed space...the truck didnt squat too bad,and it was doggy outta the hole..i took it camping and it performed well on the road..ive heard storys of rams pulling house trailers down the road,and ive heard storys of boxes being heaped over with shingle bundles...whats your story????

·
Registered
129 Posts
Most stress on the truck? The day my '03 2500 thought he could beat a guy in a VW Passat turbo. Very stressful day for him... :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Last year drove from frederick md to frostburg md with a flat bed car trailer in my 1500 5.7 Laramie which had 176000.mi .picked up a saturn vue aprox. 3500lbs and loaded on the trailer drove back .round trip of about 300mi. With some serious steep mountains.for maryland standards. My baby had no problem holding steady at 80mph even up mountains . 3500.lbs on a trailer and the bed of the truck jamb packed with two college sons furniture is a lot of weight. Especially when you factor in some mountains

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'd say the most stress was when it snowed 15-18inches bout a month ago going out wasn't bad but coming up our step rutted out driveway was a workout got the truck stuck for atleast 5mins straight rocking it best I could finally got it up, but I did tear out the passenger side ujoint. Thankfully the yoke was ok and I fixed that and the trucks just as good as ever.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts