DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my bone stock 2014 RAM 1500 Big Horn Quad Cab. This truck is going to have to wear a bunch of hats for me, but I hope to add a few mods to make it more suited to all I am going to ask of it. I plan on leveling it so I can add 275/65s on the stock 20s. I'll probably add a tool box, some basic recovery gear, and maybe CB/2M Ham set up. This will hopefully be a work/family vehicle through the week and a mild overlander for some weekend fun. I'm sure I'll come up with some other ideas as I check out the forms. Thanks for stopping by to check out my rig.

·
Premium Member
34,751 Posts
One reason I got a truck is that its a do all vehicle. You can fit 275/65/20s on a stock height truck, but a level will give you a bit more clearance up front

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So forgot to post photos of my new Husky Liners in my build thread when I got them a couple of weeks ago. Without further adieu...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Swapped my font 3.5" speakers to some Kicker KS series speakers. Specifically, the 41KSC354. If you are going to do the swap, I highly recommend going with a speaker with a silk tweeter. The highs come off the front glass really hot. The silk tweeter will sound much smoother and have less harshness than a cheaper material. I am running some 300hz bass blockers on them. They really wake up 5he factory system. You can really see the difference in the side-by-side with the factory speaker below.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Finally got around to upgrading the rest of the speakers.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
Nice; speakers are on my "eventually" list.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice; speakers are on my "eventually" list.
Thanks! They were a little sharp when i first installed them, but they have mellowed out nicely after some break in. They sound good, but are really begging for more power. Looks like I am putting an amp on my christmas list.

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
That's the problem, one thing leads to another...and another...and before you know it, the wife finds out. ;)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Finally installed my Bilstein 5100s up front! Set them to 2.1. Leveled the truck out nicely.
Pics to follow.

Anyone here running the 5100s in the rear? Wondering how much of a difference they would make in the ride.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I finally got tired of seeing my shadow when cars pulled up behind me at night and did the H9 and 9011 upgrade. The swap was not all that difficult thanks to the wonderful information available here. I couldn't be happier with the performance. I should be clear, it's not like you suddenly strapped a 40" light bar to the front of your rig, but you really notice the difference over the old long life bulbs. Well worth the minimal time and effort it took to do the job.

You can learn everything you ever wanted to know about the project by reading Kealog's excellent informational thread or Thunderhorse's Thunderbulb Upgrade install thread.
Can't thank the community enough for the great info!:beerchug:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts