DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning everyone. I'm new here. I recently found myself in the market for a new truck and I'm leaning towards the Ram 1500 Bighorn. I was curious to know what kind of gas mileage everyone was getting on average V6 v V8 with the e-torgue system. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Thanks, everyone.

·
Super Moderator
19 Ram 1500 Big Horn Sport 5.7 Hemi 4X4 QC
6,578 Posts
Good morning, devildog61554 & welcome to Ramforumz! I took the liberty of moving your post to an area where more member will notice it.

I have a 2019 Ram 5.7 Hemi, 26K miles, with the E-Torque option, since Feb 2019. I have gotten as high as 24.? on the open freeway, with light traffic. I average about 21 mpg in local freeway driving. In city, I get about 17-18 dependent on WX conditions.

Regarding the E-torque system - When I first bought the truck, I would turn it off every time I started the truck. After a month or so, I just figured I would use it & see how it performed? (I mean, I paid for it, I might as well use it, right?) My mileage jumped up 2-3 mpg in my all around driving. I have no hesitation when it cuts off/starts at stop lights, or in stop & go freeway driving. It's integrated well, & pretty seamless for me. (y)

·
Super Moderator
6,578 Posts
I use Regular, 89 octane, just as my owner's manual recommends to. No problems.

Enjoy the forum!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good morning everyone. I'm new here. I recently found myself in the market for a new truck and I'm leaning towards the Ram 1500 Bighorn. I was curious to know what kind of gas mileage everyone was getting on average V6 v V8 with the e-torgue system. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Thanks, everyone.
I got a v6 get close to 400 on tank

·
Super Moderator
6,578 Posts
Sorry, typo. Yep, 89 octane. I edited my original reply.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the regular hemi in my 2017 rebel, avg 17/18 miles with 89 gas. Up to 20 on highway at times and I’m no light foot. And that’s with 95k on the truck

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Hemi, 3.55's, 6" lift and 35's, with 87 tune.....just caught the etorque.....yeah I don't have that lol

Reactions: devildog61554

·
Registered
18 Posts
2011 Crew Cab Long Horn Hemi 5 Speed Auto 3.92 Tow Pkg. 76.6K miles I've avg. 16.7 MPG city 21.4 "Hiway/expressway" 28.4 MPG top Hiway a couple of times, not fuel meter on dash, old-fashioned way 89 octane 100% gasoline, worth the .20 a gallon K&N air filter, just because it's cheaper than paper filters and keeps the air cleaner, new plugs every 25K miles, because no spark plug owes me more than that, Mobil One 5W-15. If I drive insane I can get 8-9 MPG easily and burn-up a set of rear tires in 3000-5000 miles.

Ricky-Pooh

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2014 V6 4X4, use regular gas and get around 20 mpg around town plus some country driving each day. I did have a 2009 HEMI V8 and got 13.5 with it. The v6 has got plenty of power and I don't miss the V8 at all. My V6 just rolled over 100,000 miles.

·
Registered
26 Posts

Thanks, everyone.
I purchased a 2020 Bighorn Night Edition with the Hemi E-Torque motor on Memorial Day. The E-Torque works until your A/C requires it to start the motor to keep the cabin cool. My mileage in the city is usually around 17-18, as advertised. The mix is usually around 19-20, 20 being reached with more local highway driving. Now here is a kicker. I drove from CT to FL, doing 65, and then 70 when the speed limit allowed it (back in August with A/C running). At 65 I was able to avg 25.5 mpg, and at 70 avg of 23.9 mpg. I took photos because it blew me away. Because the night edition comes with a 23 gallon tank, I was able to avg 500+ miles per tank on this trip.

I do wish I had the 26 gallon tank. I might have been able to push 600 miles per tank.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I purchased a 2020 Bighorn Night Edition with the Hemi E-Torque motor on Memorial Day. The E-Torque works until your A/C requires it to start the motor to keep the cabin cool. My mileage in the city is usually around 17-18, as advertised. The mix is usually around 19-20, 20 being reached with more local highway driving. Now here is a kicker. I drove from CT to FL, doing 65, and then 70 when the speed limit allowed it (back in August with A/C running). At 65 I was able to avg 25.5 mpg, and at 70 avg of 23.9 mpg. I took photos because it blew me away. Because the night edition comes with a 23 gallon tank, I was able to avg 500+ miles per tank on this trip.

I do wish I had the 26 gallon tank. I might have been able to push 600 miles per tank.
Sorry, 89 Octane, mid-grade.

·
Registered
82 Posts
What kind of mileage are we getting???

Was getting anywhere between 12mpg to mid 20s mpg, depending on what was loaded and coty vs hw and hills, interstate, daily driving to work, etc etc .

But since the 'rona arrived, I've been seeing anywhere from 2-3 weeks per gallon!!!
😜

·
Registered
2016 Ram 4x4 Sport Crew Cab
23 Posts

Thanks, everyone.
2016 Ram 1500 4x4 Sport with 3.92 gears and I get City 15.8 to 18.2 (I have a Power Commander, Cold Air Intake, Borla exhaust) and run between 18 up to 26.7mpg so far on highway, It's all according to your drive nature

1 - 20 of 20 Posts