DODGE RAM FORUM banner

101 - 120 of 343 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
had to replace the rear u-joint today, so natraully i had to clean and paint the driveshaft :biggrin:

crap pic dark cell pic, but i left the highlift mount in when i put the topper on it

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
not much of an update, but added a couple decals :D

i also finally wired in both off-road lights to the factory fog light wires, and added a jumper wire in so theyll stay on with the high beams.

also built a 1:24 scale replica model, just gotta pick up some barbed wire pinstrip, and build the bed bar and hi-lift jack

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
added a pair of lil brake lights on the topper yesturday

LET THERE BE LIGHT!! off road lights and high beams, now i hjust need two more off road lights

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
aint really been able to update anything being in texas since feb 2nd and all my cars are up in wisconsin yet at my parents except my truck since as i drove it down

found a dried up canal, so i had to drive in it :whist:

but after the 1st paycheck i had to go get a steering wheel and adaptor kit for it, i just dont have cruise and my blinkers dont cancel anymore, didnt have a horn so i got a lil button and put it on top of the column

after a few weeks of being bord and absolutly nothing to do, i went and got a parts truck for $500, and so far have made $575 back off the truck so the parts i got were free :biggrin:

pulled the doors off nd started preping em for paint, gonna be a lil bit before that happens though

also cut the rockers off as mine have big rust holes in em now

a couple weeks later i pulled my box off and swapped it out with the yellow one, and also started preping for paint when i had nothing else to do

but of course before paint could happen, i had to cut the lower rear corners off like i wanted it :biggrin:

and i cut the inner fenderwell and flared the box sides out 1.5"

before

after 1.5" flare

after lookin at the wheel to fender in the rear, i ended up goin back and flaring em out an extra 1/2" just to make sure the tires will clear
you can see that the box side sticks out in this pic

and a pic of the truck as it sits right now

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
This was one of the most entertaining 11 Pages of Mod building I've read. Awesome job with the fabrications man. I got hooked on the pre-runner styles when I lived out in SoCal for a few years and ran into the Kore guys out there. Cutting the rear bed and flaring out the fenders was a great touch, keep up the hard work :smileup:

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
I considered doing a prerunner for a while but strayed off into the lift too much.

I first saw your new bed on my phone but now that I'm on my computer the bed flaring really looks awesome man. Good deal.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
What did you end up doing with the brackets that were attached to the rear quarters you cut? I was looking at my rear quarters and I was wondering how that would work out with the cuts you made. Just curious.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
welded in some sheetmetal to hold em in place, still have to finish welding them up

also added these a couple months ago

got em plumbed to a 5 gallon air tank behind the center counsol

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Great thread Mr.Lopar, Its been a great pleasure to read your thread and see all the amazing work you have done to your truck. I tip my hat off to you sir, great work. Great talent, and great truck. Thank you for taking the time to post all that info and the pictures. All the best. Hope you can find the time to continue updating this thread.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
NICE HORNS! ive been looking around for a cheap compressor for just that
thanks. i got mine from a parts store for around $60, its from the Slime company that sells all the tire repair stuff

This is one awesome build thread. That truck is badass, I love seeing stuff thats 100% custom made, and that exhaust is so over the top cool!
thanks, i love building things thats different and outta the norm

Great thread Mr.Lopar, Its been a great pleasure to read your thread and see all the amazing work you have done to your truck. I tip my hat off to you sir, great work. Great talent, and great truck. Thank you for taking the time to post all that info and the pictures. All the best. Hope you can find the time to continue updating this thread.
with the hours im workin down here in texas its hard to find time to work on my truck, but i do have some big plans coming up here soon hopefully:SHOCKED:

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
welded in some sheetmetal to hold em in place, still have to finish welding them up
forgot to mention thtat was for the flared fenders and didnt realize you were talkin about the quarter cuts in the back, for those i cut the original bracket right at the bottom of the quarter, and after i made the cuts i bent the bracket up, cut the access off and tacked it to the quarter

sorry for the poor quality photo, just took it with my phone to post it

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
well had two blowouts last week, this one being the worst, doin 80 on the highway at 6am with a hangover:158:

so i ordered up a fresh set of 33s, waitin on my fresh set of rims to show up now so i can mount em up and get em on the truck:Banana01:

101 - 120 of 343 Posts