DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
2008 RAM 1500 ST 3.7L Magnum V6 PS2
54,093 Posts
Wow, that is one sweet looking truck, those bumpers are awesome, thanks for sharing the pics! :smileup:

- Cajun

·
Registered
327 Posts
Despite the whole headache factor dealing with all of the crap. I'd say you came out way ahead. Looks sweet!

·
Registered
8,602 Posts
OMG i want those bumpers

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
You can get a set from Road Rhino welded up and un painted for 1640$ +/- to a commercial address. They also make the Weld them yourself for a lot less. Call Elijah at 888-778-5364

·
Banned
2,118 Posts
Measure from the center of your axle to the lip of the wheel well front and back, the difference will tell you which one to go with
With the bumpers probably 2.5", I recommend hell bent steel for 2500

·
Registered
709 Posts
Those bumpers are bad ass. A little pricey for me though.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A little pricey for me too however due to the accident someone else paid for the rear, all the spray on liner so all I had to do was pay for the front bumper... Not bad IMO

Also the truck rides down the road so nice right now. I heard that leveling kits can cause the truck to shake at highway speeds. Any opinions?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just bought my PIAA 2000 series lights for the rear bumper. Can't wait to get home and get them and install them. I looked and looked for lights that would fit but the thing is made for the PIAA's Such is life. I am trying to decide which lights to get for the front bumper. Going to go with a set of fog and a set of driving to begin with. My coworker is going to give me a few 6" or 8" offroad lights. They are old school haven't seen them yet don't know who made them but they are free. Can't hurt to try them on the truck and see how they look.

·
Banned
2,118 Posts
You shouldn't have any vibrations at highway speeds. There is a chance of true death wobble, but is pretty rare. There are several companies who sell 3" lift springs for these trucks and even at that height most don't have problems. It can easily be fixed by removing the spacer or getting an adjustable track bar
I would recommend replacing the shocks with longer ones if you decide to do it
Just for a rough idea

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Moved My photos to an album deleting earlier pics

Okay so I wanted to add the pics back here and add the additional ones with the lights on the front bumper.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I sure like them got them for a decent price too. The Raptor bed liner sure gave the truck a new look putting it on the bumpers and the bottom quarter panels .

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Took pictures of my switches

I wanted my switches to look clean and I wanted them close so I didn't have to lean or move from the drivers position to turn them on or off. This is what I came up with.
This one was easy quick hole and done

This one however was a pain. Once the Cig lighter was yanked out I found a dash clip behind that was preventing me from having the left most switch on the panel. Lets just say with a little bit of anger everything worked out.

·
Registered
448 Posts
how is your road rhino bumper holding up?? ive been thinking of ordering one... they look so bad a$$!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts