DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Mud flaps for lifted trucks

3353 Views 14 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  97hmcs
What are you guys running for mud flaps on your lifted trucks??

I have a 2013 1500 with a 6"lift and just have the stock mud flap........my Nitto trail grapplers are going to make a mess of the paint if I don't get something better.

Any suggestions on a good fit and a good look???

Thanks.
1 - 3 of 15 Posts
Do you drive on gravel or rocky roads often? If not, what makes you think the trail grapplers are going to make a mess of your paint?
There most likely oversized and stick out.
You obviously didn't look at my profile picture or signature :gy: That by itself won't make a mess of the paint unless you're driving on rocky roads. I'm running 37" Toyo MT's that stick out 3" past the fender and I don't have any issues. Sure there's a few rock chips on the underside of each rocker panel, but no more than a completely stock truck would have. The lugs on Toyo MT's or Trail Grapplers are spaced so far apart that they generally don't pick up rocks. I have far more chips on my front bumper from vehicles in front of me than I do anywhere else on the truck.

Well I'm not sure how the specific tires he's got throw rocks but I've got 38x14.5 with 2" spacers and offset rims that stick out wayyy further than your pic and yes my paint is destroyed with rarely driving gravel...an extreme case but none the less. I have open country a/t. Probably closer lugs.
You obviously didn't look at my profile picture or signature :gy: That by itself won't make a mess of the paint unless you're driving on rocky roads. I'm running 37" Toyo MT's that stick out 3" past the fender and I don't have any issues. Sure there's a few rock chips on the underside of each rocker panel, but no more than a completely stock truck would have. The lugs on Toyo MT's or Trail Grapplers are spaced so far apart that they generally don't pick up rocks. I have far more chips on my front bumper from vehicles in front of me than I do anywhere else on the truck.
Damn your 22 with a 2012 Laramie Cummins 3500??

Must work the oil field lol
1 - 3 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.