DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Mud flaps for lifted trucks

3350 Views 14 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  97hmcs
What are you guys running for mud flaps on your lifted trucks??

I have a 2013 1500 with a 6"lift and just have the stock mud flap........my Nitto trail grapplers are going to make a mess of the paint if I don't get something better.

Any suggestions on a good fit and a good look???

Thanks.
1 - 3 of 15 Posts
You obviously didn't look at my profile picture or signature :gy: That by itself won't make a mess of the paint unless you're driving on rocky roads. I'm running 37" Toyo MT's that stick out 3" past the fender and I don't have any issues. Sure there's a few rock chips on the underside of each rocker panel, but no more than a completely stock truck would have. The lugs on Toyo MT's or Trail Grapplers are spaced so far apart that they generally don't pick up rocks. I have far more chips on my front bumper from vehicles in front of me than I do anywhere else on the truck.
3" past the fender is a lot. I hope you have some over-sized fender flares.
When you have an 8" lift fender flares aren't going to make much of a difference. Anything that does fly up is going to be behind the flare already.
Tell me about it. While in NC lat week, I was behind a guy with a lift, over sized tires, no mud guards, no flares, and he did a great job hammering my windshield and front end with road debris.
1 - 3 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.