DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will installing husky custom mud flaps be an issue for future nerf bars/steps or the such? Sorry if this is a duplicated post.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Will installing husky custom mud flaps be an issue for future nerf bars/steps or the such? Sorry if this is a duplicated post.

It could be because the ram OEM ones have two different types one for non side steps and moldings and one for the wheel moldings and side steps. I don't know how the huskies are molded I would call them because there could be an issue.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Husky flaps

I originally had the factory running boards and factory mud guards designed for the factory flares. They all fit fine, see pics. What I did not like with the factory guards is that they were rubbing the paint off where they contacted the flares.
The Husky guards that I got came with a protective film to apply to prevent this type of wear. The Husky's did not come back as far on the flares either.
I have since changed over to AMP Powersteps and the Husky guards. I also prepped and painted the Husky’s to match the silver wheel flares.
Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
Ive got the weathertech mud flaps, and they were no where near my westin step bars

·
Registered
71 Posts
If your issue is the steps getting in the way of the flaps - my local parts guy said that early in the model year they occasionally had some steps come from the factory misassembled and were bolted on the wrong sides making them sit too far forward and blocking the flaps if someone wanted them installed.. according to him all it required was removal and swapping the steps side to side and voila - the flaps fit no problem.. just a bolt pattern location difference for opposite side mount position, is all..

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have DeeZee nerf tubes on my Laramie ( with factory flares), and the front bracket won't allow the factory mudflap (for running boards) to fit. I found a pair of generic ones at my local Oreilly's that not only fit, but fit better than the factory ones I put in the rear! I apologize, because I can't remember the name that was on them. The only thing I had to do was make a small metal bracket to hold the upper inside of flap to the wheel well guard. That was just to satisfy my ocd....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input it is much appreciated. Have to many upgrades and not enough $$ to get them done......thanks again and really lovin my RAM.

·
Registered
1 Posts
it seems the problems occur on the front with those that have running boards and NO flares. If the running boards are less than 2 inches from the wheel well, theres problems with the fit. Any suggestions?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts