DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to order the flowmaster 40 muffler(only) and do it via DIY, I thought I remember reading something a few weeks back that this 40 muffler can basically get swapped right in place of the old stock muffler and run back out to the factory dual exhaust? If it cant what else do I need to run this to the factory duals??

·
8,073 Posts
Yup, a simple muffler swap like that is easy to do. You will put the muffler all the way back to the factory dual pipes and you will need about 2ft (high estimate) of 3" pipe to fill in the gap on the front. I also definitely recommend welding the new muffler in rather than just using clamps. That way you avoid any leaks which sound terrible.

·
Registered
18,033 Posts
I am about to order the flowmaster 40 muffler(only) and do it via DIY, I thought I remember reading something a few weeks back that this 40 muffler can basically get swapped right in place of the old stock muffler and run back out to the factory dual exhaust? If it cant what else do I need to run this to the factory duals??
RamRod55, if you need pricing on this flowmaster, let us know.
Send us an email at [email protected]
We can extend the forum discount to you :smileup:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup, a simple muffler swap like that is easy to do. You will put the muffler all the way back to the factory dual pipes and you will need about 2ft (high estimate) of 3" pipe to fill in the gap on the front. I also definitely recommend welding the new muffler in rather than just using clamps. That way you avoid any leaks which sound terrible.
this is just gonna be any 3" stainless steel pipe correct? And do clamps come with it or something??? I deff am going to weld it in. Thank you btw!:smileup:

·
8,073 Posts
this is just gonna be any 3" stainless steel pipe correct? And do clamps come with it or something??? I deff am going to weld it in. Thank you btw!:smileup:
Yup, stainless is definitely a good option as it will match the rest of the stock piping and obviously not rust out. Just buy 2 ft of it (or more if you want to be super conservative) and you should be good to go.

Clamps probably don't come with it since you're just buying the muffler. I have a full Flowmaster cat back that came with clamps but those are sitting on the shelf since I chose to weld mine in as well.

Another heads up, disconnect your battery when welding on your truck. Otherwise there's a chance of frying your ECM.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yup, stainless is definitely a good option as it will match the rest of the stock piping and obviously not rust out. Just buy 2 ft of it (or more if you want to be super conservative) and you should be good to go.

Clamps probably don't come with it since you're just buying the muffler. I have a full Flowmaster cat back that came with clamps but those are sitting on the shelf since I chose to weld mine in as well.

Another heads up, disconnect your battery when welding on your truck. Otherwise there's a chance of frying your ECM.
Awesome thanks for the help!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts