DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new 2012 Ram 1500 Reg Cab Sport R/T with 5.7 Hemi.
The stock mufflers are too quiet.
I am told the Flowmaster and Thunderbolt are too loud and that Super Turbos are too quiet.
I ran Super turbos on my 98 SST and I liked the tone, more of a deep rumble than a loud crackle
Any suggestons... Please

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have a flowmaster 40 SIDO and I love it!

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
Single Inlet Dual outlet
My vote is for Magnaflow, great sound and you can look right through it....best performing muffler for the Hemi!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
If you want sound that is to Ed down a bit from flowmaster go with a 14 inch magnaflow. I have ran flowmaster on everything before the ram and I'm liking the change. Does my truck turn heads due to the sound no but it does sound good and not raspy. If you go with the magnaflow give It about 800 miles before you make a judgement. Mine has really opened up and gotten loud/deeper.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I agree with Timmy...Magnaflow is the right choice for these trucks. Timmy also has a great thread on his muffler as well as a custom Y-pipe from Magnaflow. I got my 14 inch Magna welded in last week and I am loving it. Wanted to do the Y-pipe mod too but the shop I went to didn't seem to understand what I wanted done although I took pictures from Timmy's thread to them. Oh well, over all I am very happy with the sound and flow of the MagnaFlow.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a 2012 ram big horn with the dual exhaust out the rear. I heard a flowmaster 50 series muffler on the same truck and fell in love. The sound was amazing. My question is what size is the single in and what size is the dual out? And has anyone come across leveling lifts for these trucks?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Probably a pretty noob question, but does replacing the stock muffler void any of the warranties?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts