DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok this is a long one so I apologize but I'm completely lost

Ok so backstory: my friend bought a 2011 ram that didn't run properly. Previous owner had a cam failure and bought a rebuilt engine from a shop and installed it and it didn't run properly ever since. Here's what we have done so far:

So the passenger catalytic converter was clogged so they have been deleted until a new exhaust can be bought (pipe welded in the cat's place) a magnaflow 44 was installed. The truck runs but has a multiple cylinder misfire code and a permenant low voltage code. Previous owner was tired of working on it and sold it. He replaced the ecm and had it flashed, replaced all injectors, replaced all coils, and replaced the cam sensor. We removed and replaced the intake manifold gaskets, and checked the 5v reference wire which was good. Compression was 210psi on all passenger cylinders. I did a vacuum test on the brake booster hose and it fluctuated wildly and didn't get over 17 inhg. I'm completely lost and can't figure it out. Any help is appreciated

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok this is a long one so I apologize but I'm completely lost

Ok so backstory: my friend bought a 2011 ram that didn't run properly. Previous owner had a cam failure and bought a rebuilt engine from a shop and installed it and it didn't run properly ever since. Here's what we have done so far:

So the passenger catalytic converter was clogged so they have been deleted until a new exhaust can be bought (pipe welded in the cat's place) a magnaflow 44 was installed. The truck runs but has a multiple cylinder misfire code and a permenant low voltage code. Previous owner was tired of working on it and sold it. He replaced the ecm and had it flashed, replaced all injectors, replaced all coils, and replaced the cam sensor. We removed and replaced the intake manifold gaskets, and checked the 5v reference wire which was good. Compression was 210psi on all passenger cylinders. I did a vacuum test on the brake booster hose and it fluctuated wildly and didn't get over 17 inhg. I'm completely lost and can't figure it out. Any help is appreciated
Also an important detail is that there was fuel in the oil.

·
Registered
2014 345ci 8hp70 44-44 3.92 Truetrac NX Express Comp Greene Racing
1,853 Posts
Lots of hands in the cookie jar, might have to start fresh on this one.

How is the oil pressure? Sounds like rebuild has bearing clearance issues.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey guys , My 14 outdoorsman has a 219b code. This is a lean code on bank 2. New plugs ,re-torque the intake, O2 sencer . Is this cam lifter issue? It runs good 18-19 mpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok so unfortunately we didn't really figure it out but the engines needs rebuilt again. We were ignoring the obvious symptoms and dismissing them since it is a new engine. Well we decided to treat it like an OE engine and did a compression test on ALL cylinders (which we should have done the first time, not just the passenger side with the clogged cat) and #5 cylinder reads a big fat 0 psi. Pulled the driver valve cover and cyl 5 valve doesn't move at all so next step I'd to pull the engine and we're going to rebuild the entire engine since we can't trust the quality of the shop that "built" the engine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts