DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've got a Galaxy Note 2 with some music on it. While driving my truck around town yesterday, the music from the phone would just stop playing at random times. The phone function was still connected and calls could still be made and received. The music function was disconnected though. Once I reconnected it, it worked again for a while and then disconnected maybe 20 minutes later. My phone was not in a concealed location or anything. Anyone else have this problem? It's really annoying...especially considering my 8.4" touchscreen system doesn't even have a CD player, I'd expect the bluetooth music connectivity to work properly and not fail on me while driving. Any ideas??

·
Premium Member
32,781 Posts
The new 2013 Ram radios have not been out long enough for me to comment on

From what i understand, some of the other Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep products have used these radios last year
Although they may not have the High Speed Bus that the Ram uses, it is the same basic radio
For now i can only suggest that you check to make sure that your phone, Ipod, or whatever has the latest update available

Hopefully some of the people that really like to find the answers & have the access to the old & newer Uconnect & different devices used to connect with it, start finding answers to issues

You may want to use Google to do a search,
i don't even know if the new UCONNECT is called next gen uconnect or uconnect 2 or even Uconnect Mobile

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep that's the exact same problem as I have. And just to top it off, SiriusXM has an "error" with my unit. So apparently they'll call me back in 24 to 48 hours when it's resolved? This is dumb. It should not take upwards of 4 days after taking delivery to get satellite radio to work lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
With the new Galaxy S3 phones/devices, the problem may be due to the phone/device itself. When you lay the phone/device down, it will turn off. This could be the problem. I have an S2 which does not have this feature and have had no problems. Just a thought.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've tried it with the phone in all different positions. It doesn't seem to be related to that. If I'm playing music on my Note 2 and I flip the phone upside down (screen down on the table) it will pause the music. But if I've hit the lock button before, it doesn't do that auto-pause thing in any position.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Today my whole radio froze. They are ordering a new one for me. I guess this will the problem eventually for all 8.4AN radios. Absolutely nothing would work. Had "AUDIO OFF" displayed on gauge cluster. It will work if you turn vehicle off, remove key and wait 5 minutes for the memory to clear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts