DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I should make a picture thread to show my Rams transformation. I am slowly getting him back on his feet.

Before.

after the first round of scrubbing.

Removed the fuel door. More picture of that later.

Mods without pictures:
Removed chrome of door handles.
Ordered a new ashtray.
New license plates.
New radiator.
New rubber floor mats.

I am working on it so I will be posting more pictures as the work continues.

·
Administrator
2008 RAM 1500 ST 3.7L Magnum V6 PS2
53,803 Posts
Sweet looking truck and yeah, that engine bay needed a cleaning lol, looks good! :smileup:

- Cajun

·
Registered
306 Posts
not to bad but have to say the old school hood ram doesnt fit much

·
Administrator
2008 RAM 1500 ST 3.7L Magnum V6 PS2
53,803 Posts
That ^^^^ looks much better! :smileup:

- Cajun

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Cajun, I like the Satin black finsh.

Got some bulbs from eBay today. They do not look so blue in real life.

Is it normal that the dome light always has a little bit of light on it ? It's not as bright as it looks on this picture but you can see that it's on. Is this normal or should I try a different kind of bulb ?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Since I don' t like playing on my arctic cat alone like this.

This was born, sled bed for two. Not finished, needs lights and the ram needs some airbags.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
The reason your interior light has a constant glow is because LEDs take so little power to operate. A normal incandescent bulb would not be "on" with the amount of power generated through the circuit when it is off but the LEDs actually produce a little light with that power.

How in the world did you get those snowmobiles up there, lol? I'm guessing you are beyond your payload capacity.....what do those weigh? I'm going to guess (and it's just a guess....I know nothing about snowmobiles) 700-800 pounds each.

·
Registered
110 Posts
The reason your interior light has a constant glow is because LEDs take so little power to operate. A normal incandescent bulb would not be "on" with the amount of power generated through the circuit when it is off but the LEDs actually produce a little light with that power.

How in the world did you get those snowmobiles up there, lol? I'm guessing you are beyond your payload capacity.....what do those weigh? I'm going to guess (and it's just a guess....I know nothing about snowmobiles) 700-800 pounds each.
They make ramps to get them in, or you can build ramps out of snow and get them in, and they're lighter than they look. I don't know actually weight but I wouldn't guess that heavy unless it's quite a larger sled.

Wish we had enough snow this year to go sledding here, was a warmer than usual winter. :(

·
Registered
45 Posts
Love the sled bed, did you make that yourself? I have heard of people doing stuff like that but never actually seen it done. The truck looks really clean, I like the way you did the fuel door. This makes me want to completely go in and clean out my engine compartment as well. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
35,470 Posts
Nice truck... I like the look of the fuel door...

Ed

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks everyone for the comments.

Yes, me and my friend made that sled bed out of aluminum and I am still working on the ramps to load them on. Until they are ready I just back into a pile of snow.

The fuel door was on the car when I bought it so I don't know where it comes from, my guess is eBay. I just sanded it and painted.

The sleds are more like 450 each and the sled bed is aluminum and only weighs 240.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts