DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys. This is my second post on the forum and I would just like to thank everyone for the warm welcome. I attached some pics of my truck. I hope you enjoy.

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 4.7L V8 Quad Cab 4x4

Specs:
Superchips Cortex Programmer 3950
AEM Brute Force Cooled Air Intake
Airaid Poweraid Throttle Body Spacer
Magnaflow SOS Exhaust
2" Daystar Leveling Kit
Stock 20's with Cooper Zeon LTZs 275/60/20
Westin Platinum Series Nerf Bars
20% Tint on Back Doors and Rear Window
Recon 60" Xtreme LED Tailgate Bar
2 Amber Sound-Off Mini LED3's in the Grille-Guard
2 Hella 500's behind the grill
Cobra 29 WX NW ST CB Radio Mounted on the dash
4' Firestik Antenna mounted inside the hood
Ranch Fiberglass Lid
Line-X Bed Liner
Rain-X Latitude Wiper Blades

·
Registered
21,490 Posts
Glad you joined us and welcome to the Z for Rams from Baltimore . Any of your friends have Rams ? Tell them about us . We would love to have them . You will find this site is full of a lot of talented people . So if theres any question that you need answered , just shoot away . Talk to ya soon . Tom

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Welcome to the forum the truck looks good!

·
Registered
11,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to the Z! Looks great too! Great list of mods, and looks like you know what you're doing. What's next on the block?
Thank you and everyone else for the welcome. Eventually I want to get a 5% windshield eyebrow and tint out the front 2 windows, but other than that I'm open to suggestions!!

·
Administrator
2008 RAM 1500 ST 3.7L Magnum V6 PS2
54,092 Posts
That is one sweeeeeeet looking truck you have there, nice work on the mods! Like the CB install, I had thought about the dash mount, just hadn't made up my mind yet. You don't get any interference with your antenna up front like that? That actually looks good, was thinking of just running mine out back the cab....Anyways, great work, truck looks awesome! :D

- Cajun :pepper:

·
Registered
17,710 Posts
Thank you and everyone else for the welcome. Eventually I want to get a 5% windshield eyebrow and tint out the front 2 windows, but other than that I'm open to suggestions!!
You could look at engine top-end mods like heads/cam or cosmetic like headlight/taillight HALOs or audio. There's lots of things you can still do, just have a look around the site and our supporting vendors for ideas.

·
Registered
11,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
That is one sweeeeeeet looking truck you have there, nice work on the mods! Like the CB install, I had thought about the dash mount, just hadn't made up my mind yet. You don't get any interference with your antenna up front like that? That actually looks good, was thinking of just running mine out back the cab....Anyways, great work, truck looks awesome! :D

There is no interference at all. I wanted to get dual antennas behind the cab, but my Fiberglass Lid was in the way. Another option I had was putting a single antenna directly behind the cab (I attached a picture), but again the Lid was in the way. When I initially made up my mind to get the unit, I had my heart set on one of those two options, but when I got set up with the hood mount, I loved it. My advice would be run them out the back of the cab if you can, that look is nice.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Maybe a HID upgrade for your headlights and foglights would be in order.

As tall as that antenna is I don't expect you have any reception problems, do ya? I also assume that the antenna is tuned.

My bro-in-law is a radio guy and we are gonna do a CB/Sideband install with twin short whips attached to the bed rail right behind the cab soon.

·
Registered
11,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You could look at engine top-end mods like heads/cam or cosmetic like headlight/taillight HALOs or audio. There's lots of things you can still do, just have a look around the site and our supporting vendors for ideas.
You're right, there is still a lot I can do. I thought about getting some Recon Taillights. I'm sorry if this is posted somewhere else, but are they plug-and-play?

·
Registered
11,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Maybe a HID upgrade for your headlights and foglights would be in order.

As tall as that antenna is I don't expect you have any reception problems, do ya? I also assume that the antenna is tuned.

My bro-in-law is a radio guy and we are gonna do a CB/Sideband install with twin short whips attached to the bed rail right behind the cab soon.
There are no reception problems at all. The antenna is tuned. That install your talking about should look sweet!!

·
Administrator
2008 RAM 1500 ST 3.7L Magnum V6 PS2
54,092 Posts
There is no interference at all. I wanted to get dual antennas behind the cab, but my Fiberglass Lid was in the way. Another option I had was putting a single antenna directly behind the cab (I attached a picture), but again the Lid was in the way. When I initially made up my mind to get the unit, I had my heart set on one of those two options, but when I got set up with the hood mount, I loved it. My advice would be run them out the back of the cab if you can, that look is nice.
I was looking into the dual antenna setup as well, as I like the look of it, but I already have a good 3foot antenna and I agree, like the way it looks on the back, the picture you posted is exactly where mine is going to go. I imagine you get great reception. I had just heard other guys say the closer to the front they mount their antenna, sometimes it will interfere with the regular radio. Never had any problems with mine, though, and on my Jeep, the antenna was mounted on the roof, (my truck is too tall for that, haha) with the cable coming out the liftgate. Worked really well for me! Thanks for the info! :)

·
Registered
11,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I was looking into the dual antenna setup as well, as I like the look of it, but I already have a good 3foot antenna and I agree, like the way it looks on the back, the picture you posted is exactly where mine is going to go. I imagine you get great reception. I had just heard other guys say the closer to the front they mount their antenna, sometimes it will interfere with the regular radio. Never had any problems with mine, though, and on my Jeep, the antenna was mounted on the roof, (my truck is too tall for that, haha) with the cable coming out the liftgate. Worked really well for me! Thanks for the info! :)

Your welcome. That set-up will make people take a second look for sure!! Good luck with everything!!

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Yeah, we'll tune the antenna's for sure. There will also be an over the rail bed box back there which will cover the mounts and make for a clean install.

In answer to your question, the GoReCon tails are plug and play unless you want to use LED bulbs for the signals. If you do that, you'll have to wire tap in some resistors (8 ohm, 20 watt) so that they will blink properly. If you just go with the stock bulbs, yer good to go.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts