DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ram SS/T...The "wake your neighbors" Ram. NOTE: After being washed, that is why water vapor is coming out of the tailpipe. Nothing is wrong with it. Some background on the truck: This is a legitimate 1998 Dodge Ram 1500 SS/T with the 5.9 liter v8. Magnaflow exhaust, K&N CAI, Jet performance module, Taylor ignition cables, Airraid throttlebody spacer. EST 300-315hp and 400-420ft-lbs torque with the new headers. Also has fender flares, tinted windows, falken tires, and 20 inch rims. More videos to come.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zFB3NNviHw
Don't forget to click high quality!

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually its a single 3 inch pipe!

·
Administrator
2008 RAM 1500 ST 3.7L Magnum V6 PS2
53,674 Posts
Definitely like the sound of that, man! Nice vid, thanks for sharing! :)

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL watch in the reflection of the truck, you can see the house get blasted with debris. I went outside today to hop in the truck, looked at the side of the house and it is covered in black water from this exhaust video. Don't think anybody will notice :)

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The old owner had it dynoed at 300.83rwhp with 407ft lbs torque. I'll try to find the sheet. That was before the headers. As far as track times we'll find out next April!

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
man that truck sounds good. The PO of mine had true duals with no cat installed, (only 2") all the way out, and, personally, I don't like it.
Yours sounds a lot deeper and PO'd. I like.

Is that the stock exhaust system? I know these trucks had a healthy sounding system stock.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
man that truck sounds good. The PO of mine had true duals with no cat installed, (only 2") all the way out, and, personally, I don't like it.
Yours sounds a lot deeper and PO'd. I like.

Is that the stock exhaust system? I know these trucks had a healthy sounding system stock.
Ah I see. I'd have to reccomend a single pipe (only because out here you can get pulled over for modifying your exhaust system and duals basically screams it :p)

As far as my exhaust, thank you for the comment. It is not stock, it is magnaflow. The tailpipe is infact stock. Just a muffler swap :) Appreciate everybodys input and nice comments!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts