DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my build thread for my 2003 Ram QC 4x4 Hemi.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is the only stock picture I have of it (minus the nerf bars, they were on there when I bought it). The truck had 154xxx on it. The 4x4 was messed up, the teeth were worn off the intermdiate shaft coming out of the front differential on the drivers side. Replaced the intermediate shaft, CV axle, and the CV joint in the front drive shaft. The rubber boots for the ball joints were all ripped even though none of them were bad so while we had the front end all tore apart we replaced all the ball joints and upper A-arms.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
What mods have you done to it, or is this build just starting now?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Next I had to try something Ive always wanted. I ordered interior and exterior LED lights. They were fairly easy to install, I have 6 LED tubes under the truck that are 7 different colors. I have 4 green LED tubes in the interior.

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The tires didnt have much life left in them when I got the truck so I started the search for new set of shoes. After looking and looking I ended up getting a great deal on a set of 17" Vision 375 Warriors, not exactly the finish I was originaly looking for but I could pass up the price. All four wheels, lug nuts and tax came to $450. Then went and got a set of 285/70 cooper discoverer AT3 mounted on them. Took it home and cranked down the torsion keys to level the front end out, then took it to get a front end alignment.

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had to do something with the tail lights so I went to oriellys and bought a can of VHT. Then got to thinking about it and decided tint the fog lights also and give my headlights eyebrows.

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought a remote start kit, no fun at all to hook up. But works perfect once it was all done.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I decided to plasti dip all the emblems and front grille. Not sure if Im gonna like it or not, looks kinda cheap IMO. I did the TMR delete the other day also, very pleased with that, probably gonna buy a sonnax line booster anyway. We'll see.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was at the wrecking yard the other day seeing if I could get lucky and find a set of tow mirrors. I crawled up under an 02 dodge single cab just to look and saw that it had a flowmaster. So I figured what the heck, might as well try it for 15$. Took it home and just used an exhaust clamp to attach it. Pretty pleased with it, eventually I will take it to the muffler shop and get it welded on turn it to duals and put some nice chrome tips on it.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Looking nice. Got a picture of your emblems after the plastidip ?

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
Nice start man! Good to see 3rd gens around here on the forums! Ever get all the 4x problems fixed? Even if you didn't it looks amazing! Must have gotten it for a bargain I am for sure.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Still working on emblems and grille, started last night and it got dark before I could finish. Hard to get motivated to finish as it is 105+ outside. Will probaly finish tonight and post pics up.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice start man! Good to see 3rd gens around here on the forums! Ever get all the 4x problems fixed? Even if you didn't it looks amazing! Must have gotten it for a bargain I am for sure.
Yep got it all fixed. Wasnt as much work as expected, would have costed at least 1500$ to go have it repaired, but doing it yourself got it done for less than 500$. Got the official test when I had to go pull someone out a while back. Not a big fan of getting the truck all muddy but when you got 4x4 might as well use it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Finished the plasti dip, not a big fan of it. Probably will just eventually debadge the truck and either leave it that way or paint all the badges black and put them back on. Didn't like the grille at all so I went ahead and stripped it back down to chrome.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Nice work, great stuff your trying, wish I had the time to putts around on mine like that, Looking sweet, but I agree with you, the front grill, no go for me. if you got it painted black at a shop it would probably be nice on your red truck,

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thats what I was thinking, debating on getting it painted or just buying an aftermarket one, not sure yet. I was also thinking about getting the bumpers front and rear color matched to the truck, not sure on that yet either lol. Only have so much $$$ to spend at once.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Thats what I was thinking, debating on getting it painted or just buying an aftermarket one, not sure yet. I was also thinking about getting the bumpers front and rear color matched to the truck, not sure on that yet either lol. Only have so much $$$ to spend at once.

Again just my IMO, but chrome seems to go well with both black and Red, well pretty well any color, I would maybe start by getting the front grill painter first, install it, see how it looks with the chrome, then make that decision then. It might just work

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah... So many options it's overwhelming lol

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Yeah... So many options it's overwhelming lol

Lmao, yup, but I find google images a good source of inspiration. so many idea's have had some that they put them in pictures.

i like this setup, the + is black but the rest is red

ya I know not same gen but it might help

1 - 20 of 82 Posts