DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got some upgrades done to my truck over the last couple of weeks, Rough Country 2" front leveling kit, BFG KO/2 275/60R20 (size from previous generation), Fuel Off-Road Sledge Gloss Black 20" wheels. Thought I should post some pics so that others can decide on upgrades to their rigs. Sometimes its easier to see trucks having something already done to see if you should do it yourself. The Rough Country kit definitely changes the profile on the front of the truck, I went one size bigger tires for the extra inch in height, I was glad I did.

The most recent upgrade is a Flowmaster Super 44 Serries, it sounds awesome, but I wonder if I should remove the resonators on the truck. I have it scheduled in a week to do so, so I can run with it for a week to see how I like it with resonators on it. Anyone got any advice about removing the resonators, recommend or not recommend and why?

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
These are Canadian prices mind you.

Wheels $1480.00 after taxes, tires were a 4 for 3 deal, tires were $260.00 each, TPMS sensors $50.00 each.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Just got some upgrades done to my truck over the last couple of weeks, Rough Country 2" front leveling kit, BFG KO/2 275/60R20 (size from previous generation), Fuel Off-Road Sledge Gloss Black 20" wheels. Thought I should post some pics so that others can decide on upgrades to their rigs. Sometimes its easier to see trucks having something already done to see if you should do it yourself. The Rough Country kit definitely changes the profile on the front of the truck, I went one size bigger tires for the extra inch in height, I was glad I did.

The most recent upgrade is a Flowmaster Super 44 Serries, it sounds awesome, but I wonder if I should remove the resonators on the truck. I have it scheduled in a week to do so, so I can run with it for a week to see how I like it with resonators on it. Anyone got any advice about removing the resonators, recommend or not recommend and why?

Thanks.
Gorgeous truck. Congrats!

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Nice truck! First non generic picture white sport I have seen, I was trying to decide between white and flame red when ordering and I chose flame red. I think at some point I may lift mine but not for a while, ready lift has a 3.5" that I think would be a good height. These new truck look really low compared to the 4th gens.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah definitely agree on the height of the trucks, I thought the 3.5" lift would not allow me to fit in my garage, but after getting the new tires I would have room still. I may look into it in a few months, wait for some other kits to come out. It's definitely getting looks, not only being new as it is, but the wheels and tires.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Looks sharp! I'd chop the resonators off, you'll notice a deeper more raw sound. I had the super 44 w/o res on my 14 ram and it sounded pretty good. Wasn't loud on the highway, ditched it for a super 10 and was way happier.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I like it looks good . Hopefully Ram pulls their heads out their butts and starts selling the new Sport in the States . I'm so confused why it isn't offered here.

·
Premium Member
1,469 Posts
I believe through packages you can configure yourself a sport here in the States. It's just not named that way. Its how they have done the HDs now for years. You can configure a Laramie with all of the sport options and boom you have a Sport.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a few questions if you don't mind. I've been looking at the Rough Country leveling kit as well. Did you go with just the spacers? or with the kit that included the upper control arms? Does your truck have the 4X4 Off-Road package? I ordered that thinking the 1" factory lift would be enough, but I wouldn't mind a little more lift to tell you the truth. Somebody told me that the Rough Country lift kit would not work with the Mopar factory installed 1" lift kit. Anybody know if that's true? Last question, when you 'leveled' your truck and raised the front end, did you adjust the headlights? I had a Chevy Colorado that I put a leveling kit on, and I had on-coming traffic constantly flashing me as if my high beams were on, but they weren't. Just wondering if your having that as well of if you adjusted them.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
I believe through packages you can configure yourself a sport here in the States. It's just not named that way. Its how they have done the HDs now for years. You can configure a Laramie with all of the sport options and boom you have a Sport.

Yep, its a package on either Bighorn or Laramie depending on what options you want. Really you get more choices that way-I guess if you really eed the Sport badge you can order one a stick it on

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey Buzzard69, I went with just the spacers and it leveled the truck. It went up 2" in the front. Mine is the Sport and doesn't have any 4x4 packages on it. I can't comment on it working with the Mopar kit though. I would guess not though. I haven't adjusted these headlights and haven't had any issues blinding anyone. I know I'm thinking about going with the ReadyLift 3.5" SST kit, I was worried it wouldn't fit in my garage, but after checking it will still clear with 4 inches to spare shockingly. So I may go that route in a couple of months.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quick update, got the resonators removed and that Flowmaster Super 44 sounds even better. Those thing are like mini mufflers on the Ram. i'm glad I got them removed. I'll try to post a sound bite later today for some to hear how it sounds.

·
Registered
207 Posts
This is the first 2019 exterior that really moves the needle for me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts