DODGE RAM FORUM banner

My Build - '12 Big Horn

170388 Views 1450 Replies 55 Participants Last post by  rammn
OK people, I wanted to start a thread about my build. Its a 2012 Ram 1500 Big Horn, black exterior (which I love and hate at the same time :LOL:). Anyways I have debaged it, added the vent shade things, Ive order interior LED lights from superbrightleds.com which should be in soon. Also I am attempting to lightly smoke the tail lights. I have an old pair of LED tails off my GMC I am trying that out with. Actually I have heads, tails, and fogs that I am testing it with LOL. I am using the VHT Night Shades, but they seems to be a little on the blueish side unless you use it heavily. Help would be greatly appreciated with that. Ill attach a pic of the tails and heads that Ive smoked. I will be adding a brush guard (or front end replacement, dont know yet), headache rack, and HID's. Thanks for looking!!

Brand new from dealer

Debadged

These are pics of trying to perfect the smoked lights process on my old gmc aftermarket heads, tails, and fogs....Any help would be great as to why they kinda look blue (hard to see in these pics)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

· Registered
889 Posts
Make sure ya post pics after ya Plasti-Dip everything. Pics are gold around these parts lol.
It is easy believe me. I was worried when I first did it but heck if I can't screw it up then you are good to go. I may haveta look into that shorty antennae, I am getting tired of the piece of crap one Dodge puts on our trucks. Only big ass antennae should be whips for a CB .

· Registered
889 Posts
Brush guard should be an easy at home install (unless doing the bumper replacement guards lol). If just doing the brush guard then might wanna see if you can install it yourself, would save ya a little money for future mods. I haven't messed with headache racks but am sure they should be just as easy. Can't wait to see this thing after these mods though.

· Registered
889 Posts
I hear ya bud. I am a truck driver also (left over the road and started running tri-axle). Definitely not worth that much to be installed. All you really need is hand tools and the instructions and you will be fine.. Or do what I do and set it on the truck and see where things line up and if after an hour ya can't figure it out ya look at the directions and go oh shit it's on backwards. Brush guards are just as easy for install, make sure you can get a good tight pull on the bolts and you are good to go. If not then pick up a impact and righten them down that way. Personally I like using the impact so I know that something isn't going to fall off anytime soon.

· Registered
889 Posts
Looking good man. Really like how they came out for ya. What other Recon ya got coming in? I am guessing ummm.. tail lights aaaand third brake light.. possibly cab lights?? Whatever it is can't wait to see it installed!

· Registered
889 Posts
You'll love your Volant. Mine is amazing and works good with my exhaust heh. Can't wait to see how it works when I do true duals. Yea man get that thing leveled up and get those other mods on. WE WANT PICS!! lol. The wheels look good on your truck and will look real good with it leveled out. Headache rack should be an easy install as will the brush guard. I want the cab lights for mine, but doing all the existing lights first and then the cab lights will follow shortly after.

· Registered
889 Posts
Truck is coming along great man. The rack and box look really good on your truck. Almost makes me want to get rid of my tonneau and put a box and rack or a roll on mine.. Hmm.. Damn this site and all the different ideas it can give you lol. Reps for the DIY method!

· Registered
889 Posts
Torque converter. Oh and I also remembered another mod you could do. Could get a ported TB (throttle body). Lot of guys on here swear by Fastman TB's.

· Registered
889 Posts
Sad thing is there is no tuning capability for the '11 and up HEMI's. Everyone is waitinf for that little code to be broken so they can start tuning their trucks. I have a feeling though that the first company to break that barrier is going to make a lot of money once they release the news. My money is on DiabloSport but hey we will see who gets there first.

· Registered
889 Posts
Lol yup I like the blacked out look on the emblems most definitely. Plus with the Plasti Dip it is really easy to do.. Paint and then peel the excess lol

· Registered
889 Posts
Hell yea man.. I like the flag.. somewhat matches the one on my leg lol. Oh and the lights look good to lmao. Yea man I like that, they work great.

· Registered
889 Posts
Well now I got to order a pack of those switches for when I start doing my lighting AND I got to order once of those stickers for my truck. Am thinking it will go on my back window though.. There again mine isn't covered by a headache rack so that option was kind of nixed for ya lol. Truck is looking good. Look forward to seein that rear bumped blacked out.

· Registered
889 Posts
I like the tinted look man. Let me know what ya think of the 8k's. I am ordering a HID projector set up for my headlights and they come with the 8k's.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.