DODGE RAM FORUM banner

my build thread

88777 Views 1123 Replies 39 Participants Last post by  bstc00
well this is gunna start out as a build 'story' before i get into it.

I started this awesome silver(ish) 2000 Dodge Ram 1500 in a trade. My first ram was a black 1500 Sport. While i was deployed, i loaned my black sport to a friend.... and he beat the living snot out of it. there was too much damage to list, but after a new front end and a new tranny, she just was not the same truck. There was just an overwhelming amount of repairs over the whole truck, and i was starting to tackle them one by one. Tires finally came up, and i found a guy on craigslist with some 33s. when i went to buy em, i saw a silver extended cab sitting on the side of his garage ( my soon to be tank). my thoughts were PART TRUCK! I asked a few general questions about it, and short of just over 200000 miles, she ran like a champ... so no part truck. he offered a straight trade, mine for his, because i had a new tranny, and there was a 5 inch fabtech sitting in the bed of his, new in the box. so i made the leap and so starts my project tank.

Since i joined the forum well after i started building the ram up, i dont have many pictures of what she started out as. I installed the lift shortly after getting it, got a cheap black roll bar, and a set of 16x8s wrapped in goodyear wrangler 35s. pretty sweet. oh and a black grille off ebay for dirt cheap. real tough for me. so heres where i start some pictures .

35s!!!!!!! ( the below picture was took much later from when the first one was, its just the best pic i have of the rims and tires)

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

· Registered
889 Posts
Truck is coming along great man. I miss my old sport 2nd Gen but it had so much wrong with it that I hadta give her up and couldn't pass up the deal I got on my 3rd Gen. What's next on your list for mods? And by the way if you want to save money do what I do.. Don't look at this site for a couple days, it works wonders for the bank account.

· Registered
889 Posts
Like the custom work man the truck is looking great. Don't think I have ever seen a 2nd gen with the 3rd gen bumper so reps for originality.

· Registered
889 Posts
Where can you get the HID conversion kit fir the HELLAS? local store here has the HELLAS so will have to see if they have the kit also but can bet they won't.

· Registered
889 Posts
holy crap!!. yea man if you wouldn't mind doing a write up you will have my devout attention. I am going to throw two hellas in behind my grill until I order up a brush guard and then that is getting two more mounts added to it so I can run 4 lights off of it.

· Registered
889 Posts
I think the Raptor 700's come with LED lights? not sure. If not then I will be converting them over to LED's real quick. Front and back lol.

· Registered
889 Posts
Trust me if the Raptor I get doesn't have the LED set up then it will shortly after I get it. Will just add the quad build to my truck build page heh

· Registered
889 Posts
Yea I would definitely go with the yellows if you deal with snow and rain a lot... If not then might as well keep it all bright white on the front

· Registered
889 Posts
Bad ass man. Really like that set up. Hope I can modify the brush guard I get to hold four lights. Reps (when I can) for finally capturing the power of the sun.. Guess we got to start calling your truck Sunny-D.

· Registered
889 Posts
Yea soon as I think I can deal with how the truck is for a while I notice something else I an do so then I dive into that and then go hey I could do this and this also while I work on that. It is a vicious vicious cycle that I love oh so much lol

· Registered
889 Posts
Could spend the money on plenty of things but not as much fun lol. I agree on the HD bumper price tag. The cost is waaaaay to much. I will just make due with a brush guard.

· Registered
889 Posts
Oh I had a great idea for lighting as well for the front end of my truck.. Just got to get the brush guard on to see if it will work out as good as I hope it will. If it does work then you and I might just have the sunniest trucks on the forum heh

· Registered
889 Posts
Entire front end will be HID, besides the LED's in the head lights. Have some other places I am going to try and stick HID's a couple other places on the front heh.

· Registered
889 Posts
Thanks for the reps lol. Yea they run way to much for the HD bumpers man. You can pick up a brush guard and make it just as good, sometimes even better, than the replacement bumper. Plus most the HD's that are somewhat cheaper than most usually stick waaaaaay out infront of the truck which is a no go for me. Needs to sit up closer to the grille and have a winch area in the lower bumper section. Til I can find that setup I am sticking with a brush guard.

· Registered
889 Posts
See I just gave ya a new project. I signed on here at the wrong time cause I noticed a post by RIPP. They are working on a SC kit for 05-08 and may be offering a group buy.. Needless to say I am saving money up now for a kit so I can pick it up soon as it is available. I love/hate this forum so much.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.