DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive heard the dash can fall apart.. My sons Truck has a hair line crack that looks like it will get worse. Is their a fix?

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Yea, Replace the dash with a abs plastic one. There is no band aid for it, It will continue to crank until there is nothing left. You can get the covers that glue to the original dash(possible band aid) but it will still crack underneath it. Lmc truck has replacement's or you can get the cover or a lifetime warranted dash replacement one here...
http://www.dashcoversplus.com/page/864510

·
Registered
165 Posts
Go with LMC, have seen numerous guys use them over the years(including me) and every single one has been a positive review on it

·
Registered
414 Posts
I replaced my heater core at the same time. Now I will be needing a replacement for the drivers side. Thought about building one from aluminum,,,race car style.

·
Registered
727 Posts
My 01 started with a crack then every time the doors were closed another piece would break off, until there was not much left. Cheap fixes are dash cap or the fabric cover, or bite the bullet and replace

·
Registered
41 Posts
I had a 95 RAM and the dash was a puzzle,
i have a 98 Dakota and there are cracks but a dash cover is protecting it.
I really hope that my 2011 will not develop cracks!
Chris

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got a dash replacement from LMC truck--lasted about 2yrs & started showing cracks like the original. Seems like it's a design flaw you're stuck with:cry:

·
Registered
764 Posts
My 96 was a disaster. Started with a small crack over the radio, by cup holder. Then cracks ran around defroster ducts. Got so bad I had to gorilla glue large fender washer to top of dash to keep radio I think it was from falling out. Everyone I have see, of same vintage looked the same. When I looked they were like $600

·
Registered
8 Posts
My 01 started with a crack then every time the doors were closed another piece would break off, until there was not much left. Cheap fixes are dash cap or the fabric cover, or bite the bullet and replace
I have a Mopar dash and bezel for a 95-97 1500, if you need it I live in Conroe just north of Houston.
Walt Smith 713-410-8641

1 - 12 of 12 Posts