DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there every one looking for advice..

I really want a leveling kit, but when I asked my dealer ship if they could put one in for me they told me they don't do them. The service manager also told me not to do one tell my warranty is up! :smiledown: So maybe talking me in too doing to it would help. Thanks for the help! Much appreciated!

Jordan

·
Registered
17,710 Posts
They might not do it, but it won't void the warranty. A lot of dealerships get their panties in a knot when you talk about moddifying a vehicle, and then they come back and try to scare you into not doing stuff. A levelling spacer will do nothing to your vehicle's stock suspension geometry, all you're doing is lifting the front body up 1.5-2"; everything that's important is bolted to the frame.

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
Too bad you're not out here, St. Albert Dodge does lifts and leveling kits. There is actually an identical Ram to mine sitting on the lot with a 6" lift and 35's on it. I drool over it every morning as I drive past on the way to work.

Kurtis nailed it, to answer your original question.

·
Registered
442 Posts
lifting wont do anything to void your warranty, plus if they are giving u a hard time after you install it, go home remove the darn thing, and go back in a few days, no more level. then its a he said she said, prove i had a lift kinda thing!
most dealers even have a level kit in stock, and install them. i wouldnt worry about it, and go for it if you want one!

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
iv never had any issues at the dealer with my leveling kit either or any of my mods

·
Registered
747 Posts
They might not do it, but it won't void the warranty. A lot of dealerships get their panties in a knot when you talk about moddifying a vehicle, and then they come back and try to scare you into not doing stuff. A levelling spacer will do nothing to your vehicle's stock suspension geometry, all you're doing is lifting the front body up 1.5-2"; everything that's important is bolted to the frame.
This.....
That dealer is full of crap. One of my friends has a GMC 4x4 with a dealer installed lift kit. Many dealers sub out that kind of work to custom shops.
And this. A lot of dealerships are teaming up with tire shops and performance shops to increase sales. If they roll the cost of wheels, lift, intake etc into the loan it makes the sale easier for some people. Its a win win win. The dealer get the truck sold, the shop sells their parts, and you the buyer gets it all wrapped up for a good price.

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
sometimes the 4X4s need

KORE Dodge 1500 High Angle CV Joints, Pair
right now the website reads OUT of Stock

·
Registered
87 Posts
there are mopar lift kits in the ram accessories catalog at the dealership, i have one in my office that i grabbed when i bought my truck, they might not sell or install a leveling kit, but they cant void your warranty for a leveling puck if a 4" suspension lift from mopar wont void it. Actually, if i were you i'd just do it and not say anything, half the time the techs dont even notice. I took my cummins in for service with a 100 horse tune in it and rolled coal all over the dealers front line on the way out lol.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Alright thanks every one I'll be ordering a level this week. This modding is addicting already! I have a vararam on order should come this week. And hopefully a level kit the following week! Thanks every on!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Same thing I was told at the dealer. No warrenty and the guy wouldn't even look up the price of the mopar kit for me! I asked if they don't want anything to do with it they must not stand behind ant of their mopar products at all. Small town B.S. from the little and only gig in town!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts