DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im sick and tired of not having some place to lock stuff in my truck, so "if you want something done, you do it yourself"... basically i got bored in traffic and thought this idea up. the main concept is to have a lock box in the center console, but it doesnt have to be the most secure thing in the world. ps my center console is different than the one in the picture hence the different layout. but i would really like to get some of your opinions on this

·
Registered
28 Posts
Have you thought about just buying one of these?

It was a little pricey, but I don't regret it. Just enough room for the things that typically need locking, in a place most don't know about anyway.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

It was a little pricey, but I don't regret it. Just enough room for the things that typically need locking, in a place most don't know about anyway.
i would but i dont think it would fit in my truck bc my front middle seat doesnt open up like that :/

·
Registered
12 Posts
I like the idea, and it wouldn't hurt to give it a shot. I would say maybe as a first run build something out of balsa wood and see how it fits in there before stepping up to something more permanent.

G and C, where did you find the box for the bottom compartment? I have been looking but haven't seen anything that looks that nice.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thats a really cool idea... i was thinking of how to do that as a whole bunch of cars got broken into at my work the other day. Thankfully i was playing hooky to go sledding.

Keep us posted on how it turns out... you would definately have a client right here should it work!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats a really cool idea... i was thinking of how to do that as a whole bunch of cars got broken into at my work the other day. Thankfully i was playing hooky to go sledding.

Keep us posted on how it turns out... you would definately have a client right here should it work!
im hoping to do it within the next two weeks, i would do it in a heart beat, but i just dropped $900 on school :/ ill definitely keep you posted

·
Registered
14 Posts

Where did you find this? how much did it cost and does it secure to the inside if that compartment? I am looking for something like this to lock my pistol in when I am not permitted to conceal carry it into certain places of business.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts