DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2015 Chrysler 300s instead...well, I guess I have to admit he was right. We split, and I just went and traded in the car and got a new truck (2018 RAM 1500 sport). It's really growing on me! I've never liked trucks..but there's something about this one.... :git: only thing I was slightly annoyed about was the dealership gave me the wrong rear mat (cloth, not rubber, they threw it in last minute and it's not what belongs in the truck or what goes with the front mats), and they swapped out the mudflaps for some tacky ones advertising the dealership. I've already removed the metal plate with their name from the mudflaps and flipped the bolts around to make it look a little better..and removed the cheesy license plate advertising. I'm going to go battle it out with them on Friday when the manager is there, hopefully they sort this crap out. Trucks good though :smiley_thumbs_up: guess the Ex was right (for once) :wow:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
Great looking truck, congrats! It does truck stuff while riding like a car, it's hard to beat unless you're looking for payload capacity.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! I have 3 big dogs (2 pit bulls and a mix) and 3 big teenagers...need to haul crap around too, so it just made sense. I LOVE the way the back seats flip up and that platform folds down for the dogs. Trying to come up with a good way of hauling the dogs in the truck bed when necessary. Seems like so far the best bet is a canopy, which I'm not really into it *sigh* kind of takes a way from the "coolness" factor of the looks of the truck. That's actually what brought me to the forum, looking at options.

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
The only downside to the fold down platform is the fact that the cup holders in the center are still open; be careful of your dog's paws in there, our Shepherd hates them so I stuff towels in there or put a moving blanket over the entire fold- down part so she doesn't hurt her ankle or paw.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The only downside to the fold down platform is the fact that the cup holders in the center are still open; be careful of your dog's paws in there, our Shepherd hates them so I stuff towels in there or put a moving blanket over the entire fold- down part so she doesn't hurt her ankle or paw.
Very good point, I've been throwing a blanket over top.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Really nice truck. Love the hood scoops.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Go to Sam’s Club and purchase two of the dog pads they sell in the dog food aisle. Take them home and unzip one...then measure the fold flat floor and cut the foam of one of the mats so that the two together cover the back floor. This will cover the cup holders with the dog mat too and the issue is solved. Additionally, you can always remove them from the truck, unzip both and place the covers in the washing machine to get the dog hair out and give them a clean smell again. I also purchased some vinyl at Joann’s fabric to cover the bottom of the rear seat so the dog hair doesn’t keep getting matted into the carpet in the bottom of the seat. I have the Southfork Longhorn so matching the leather color was impossible but at least it keeps the mass of dog hair out of the carpet on the bottom of the seat. Yellow pit bull hair on chocolate brown carpet looks bad.

Why Sam's Club? Because they fit perfectly in the Ram, are inexpensive yet durable.
https://www.samsclub.com/sams/mm-deluxe-ortho-30-x-40-pet-bed/prod21390275.ip?xid=plp_product_1_14

P.S. Nice truck!

Attachments

·
Registered
503 Posts
I'm not normally an advocate of doing what an ex says, but you can't go wrong with a RAM truck. Welcome to the forumz!

-K

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Nice rig....great colour. The nostril Ram grills are starting to grow on me....especially the coloured matched ones.

·
Super Moderator
19 Ram 1500 Big Horn Sport 5.7 Hemi 4X4 QC
6,601 Posts
That's a good lookin' truck you've got there! Love that hood. Thanks for posting a picture of it.

·
Registered
401 Posts
"stuff towels in there or put a moving blanket over the entire fold."

We do both...and then she got 3/4 inch memory foam with old quilts on top of that. Our dogs are not spoiled, they are entitled.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts