DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the last couple days I threw around the idea of relocating my IAT Sensor to the CAI tube and finally just decided to do it; I only did it because it is an easily reversible mod.

I had read everywhere that it was bad, but a lot of people were saying it was good. I just went ahead anyway. I picked a spot that seemed to be the "Sweet spot" for my particular setup and went about my work.

Now let's start with the Butt dyno first. My truck has some get-up, but nothing all that special. After relocating my IAT Sensor it seemed to pick up quite a bit. I didn't have to mash the throttle to get up hills on the interstate and it actually accelerated in overdrive for the first time in a long time. So on the butt dyno, it passes with me.

Now down to the big thing that we are worried about in this economy, MPG. Before relocating my IAT i made a 300 mile trip down to my parents house for the weekend. I did the relocation and reset the computer. I drove around my parents area for around 120 miles before I filled up and made the trek back to my home 300 miles the other way. On the way down, with the IAT in the stock position I achieved 16.76 MPG; I attribute this to the new t-stat and fresh radiator we just put in. After my IAT relocation, on the way back north, I got a whopping 18.05 MPG. This absolutely blew me out of my mind. I have never seen such good numbers for my mileage in my big ole' truck.

I don't know how it will perform when the winter months come, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

All in all, this was a great little mod for me (Probably because I found the sweet spot on the tube). There's no ping and it isn't running too rich. I am satisfied and smiling with this one!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Let us know how it does throughout the winter. I will admit, with that big of a difference I may look into the same kind of mod for my '07.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So far, so good. Been a really cold winter too, but she seems to love that cold air.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't. But it is really easy to do. I have a CAI, so a big tube to the left. All i did was pull the IAT (front, left side of intake manifold), put a bolt in the hole to plug it, drill a hole in the CAI tube and stick the IAT in. It's simple to do. I can try to get you a picture of what mine looks like.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts