DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok..truck is mineral gray regular cab. Couple of weeks ago after I washed the truck I notice some paint problems on my truck. Mostly both sides of the bed. Paint has cloudy spots all along the surface.
I went to the dealer,service manager looked at it took some pictures.I have to go back there again to see DM.
I already stoped by at local paint shop and the guy told me that paint is inperfect.
My question is....what is my right or rights..truck is 40 days old and I got about 1300 miles on it.
I realy dont want a paint job for my brand new truck.Can I push them for replacement truck.
thanks in advance...

·
Registered
464 Posts
Many of us have had problems with the paint on our trucks. Your chances of getting a replacement truck are very, very slim....especially if it involves only one or two panels. A good repaint is the best you can hope for.

You might want to carefully check the rest of your truck. There might be more areas with the same problem.

Tom

·
Registered
354 Posts
Ok..truck is mineral gray regular cab. Couple of weeks ago after I washed the truck I notice some paint problems on my truck. Mostly both sides of the bed. Paint has cloudy spots all along the surface.
I went to the dealer,service manager looked at it took some pictures.I have to go back there again to see DM.
I already stoped by at local paint shop and the guy told me that paint is inperfect.
My question is....what is my right or rights..truck is 40 days old and I got about 1300 miles on it.
I realy dont want a paint job for my brand new truck.Can I push them for replacement truck.
thanks in advance...
Turk, my mineral gray regular cab is about the same age as yours, made in the same factory. I only found one tiny cloudy spot on my bed under the taillight. I did a complete wash, claybar, and seal this morning. When you washed your truck, did you dry and try the claybar treatment? Only reason I ask is that hard water, if allowed to dry, can make it appear you have paint problems. If you do have defective paint, it will be covered under warranty. At a minimum the bad panels would be repainted, perhaps the whole truck. Don't worry overmuch about redoing "factory paint". A competent painter can do a base coat clear coat better than the factory.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Edd5...I realy hate the idea of repainting the brand new truck. I dont think its got anythink to do with hard water. After truck is washed and clean, under the sun light you have to be blind to not to see that thing. It is realy bad. I will find out in couple of days what that ram dm will say about this.
This is realy sucks.No intention of getting different color here, I think mineral gray is best color for this truck.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Must be quality control problems at the factory. Seems like lotsa people with paint issues on the forum. I suppose I should be thankful I got a good one. Hope your dealer & Chrysler make it right for you. Like I said, paint defects are covered by your warranty. And, I agree that mineral gray is the best color.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This the first time I have to deal with something like this. This was realy special to me,my very first vehicle was a 95 ram regular cab in gray color.
Like I said I will find out in couple of days, what I can do about this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts