DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after changing the spark plugs a day later I get a CEL. Scanned it and got PO405 Exhaust gas Recirculation sensor A circuit low. Then the next day the CEL is off and now it's still off. What could've cause this? Should I be worried? Thanks

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
As long as the light does not return
Drive it like ya stole it

·
Registered
105 Posts
You might just double check the connection and wires on the egr valve to make sure they look good. Some maf sensor cleaner does wonders for cleaning the pins on those. If you've never changed the egr valve it is probably worth the $40 to have a nice clean one installed and your pins will then obviously be very clean. Depends on mileage and if it's been cleaned before. I just hit 50k on my 06 and decided to replace it when I saw how dirty my throttle body was. I figured I'd check the egr too and boy it was dirty. I soaked it for a few hours but it still looked dirty. It was already out so I decided to swap it. If there is dirt in the connector it could hinder the voltage being supplied to the egr so I'd look there first.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting. I think I'll do that. I have 65K on it and I doubt it's been cleaned before. Now I just gotta find this EGR valve lol. I'll google it. Was it easy to take off the throttle body?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Its located on the passenger side towards the front of the engine. Really easy to find. Located near your air box. If your removing it i'd recommend popping your air box off. Gives you much more room to work with. Just a few bolts holding it on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts