DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
'20 Ram 1500 Big Horn w Rambox
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Coming from a list of sports cars, have always wanted a truck. Finally made it happen. Picked up a 2020 1500 5.7 Big Horn w Rambox.
Due to the time we were in there was literally only 2 trucks available with in 100 mi radius with the ramboxes, couldn't find a new one... But I'm happy to I have no regrets...

12" Uconnect
Alpine sound
Panoramic Roof

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

Will probably end up doing some mods which I'll post here, any tips and suggestions greatly appreciated.

I was pretty active in the forums of my previous go to brand so would like to continue that here.

Reactions: Herdfan0710

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Amp running boards, I got the plug and play model.
Automotive tire Hood Road surface Grille Asphalt

Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Road surface Motor vehicle

I went with these bc they actually allow for a lower first step...(small kids and my mom need the help), and they tuck away almost all the way up to not take away from much of the ground clearance....not that much off roading is planned.

Note.. did not install their supplied lights, have something else in mind..

Automotive parking light Car Automotive tail & brake light Automotive side marker light Vehicle

Probably spent more than I needed to for this Retrax Pro MX. But I loved the idea of a skidding cover, and opted to get the metal one. They claim it can take 500lbs on top could potentially put a few luggage items in a waterproof bag if ever needed... (Anchor points to come..)

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wasn't even planning to do a whole lot of lighting mods.... But stubbled upon a Westin led grill on clearance at carid and couldn't resist...

The blue was just the protective plastic that came on the lights, I have since removed.

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Sky Tire

Have a few more lights planned now....I got bit by the mod bug...

Also added the front tow hooks, saw 2 options black and chrome....def didn't want the chrome so went with he black...friends tell me I should have painted red ...but I think I'm happy with them blending in..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great looking truck and nice looking wheels. Good call on the cargo boxes. I'm on my second Ram with cargo boxes. Love them and use all the time. Enjoy the rig.
Thank you, I believe they are stick wheels perhaps either painted black by the previous owner , or may e came black from factory..... I did wonder a bit if blacking out the lug nuts would look good or not. I think that's all the chrome that is present on the truck.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yea, tough call on chrome or black lug nuts. My ’21 Ram came with the Falken wildpeak at3w tires. I flipped them around so the white lettering is on the inside. Also swapped out the stock chrome lug nuts for black ones. Unfortunately, my black lug nuts must be poor quality as they are fading and showing a shade of red, almost like a rust. I’ve got the same Retrax cover. Second one and has held up fine. Good luck.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Tread

1 - 6 of 6 Posts