DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After now owning our dream camper, which had all my wife wanted and almost all I wanted, for 2 years and living in it for over 1 year, while we built our house in which we moved in 1 month ago, we had to make a decision.
Everyone who ever built a house knows, you will be at the point, where you need all resources and time to finish, what you started.
This means, every dime we can save or spend on other things is important and we also will have not really time to do travels or stays at the lake, when we could do something at the house to get it finally finished one day.
Because of this, we had to make a really hard decision to sell the camper we both still loved- even though staying for good in a camper got old.
After 2 weeks offering on Craigslist, Letgo and Facebook Marketplace for a realistic price, someone bought our little jewel and picked it up yesterday.
To see the camper roll off our property was like someone steals something from you. I never felt this way, because I didn't really wanted to sell it- it was a plain business decision. I feel empty and it's like I have got taken away the possibility to know, if I want to, I can go any time.
We had many good memories and even though it had some minor warranty issues, after they where solved, we never had one single issue with it. It was a really nice and wonderful camper, which fulfilled all our needs.
The guy who bought it was absolutely excited, that he found a camper like this and he even came to pick it up 2 days earlier as said, because he couldn't wait.
My camper is now pulled by a tundra.

Farewell, Vibe, I hope your new daddy will take care of you, as we did.

:(

Attachments

·
Registered
771 Posts
I can sympathize with you. I've been driving my beloved '13 Challenger R/T classic (Spring/Summer/Fall) for the past 5 1/2 years. I store it for the winter, and drive the Rebel all winter. Now my job has shifted to 50% telecommute, and by next spring, I'll only be driving to the office (72 miles round trip) twice a month. I can't justify two vehicles just for me, especially because I ONLY drive the Challenger for commuting. All of my weekend recreation, involves the Rebel. So, I've made the decision to sell my Black beauty (with the Radar Red leather interior). I will cry real tears when somebody drives it away.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
The lesson I seem to be learning from this site is to always buy a camper 2nd hand. That way, the previous owner has already shored up any seals that didn't quite get sealed at the factory.

K-Dawg, does your Challenger have the TR-6060 or the WA580? I can't objectively justify 3 vehicles but I'm averaging 2000 miles a month on my Ram since I moved to Missouri, and that doesn't include what my wife and I put on the Durango. I do like the Challengers, no matter what the haters say. Drag Packs had a clean sweep of the top 3 in Factory Stock at Indy last week

·
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
3,247 Posts
I know that had to be tough, guy65. That trailer has been "home" for you guys for a while now with the construction of the new house. Glad to hear it sounds like it went to a good owner. What brand truck did he tow it away with?

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, TruBlu- he has a 2012 Tundra. was a nice truck- ok- bit beat up- he had a 5th wheel before and the hitch still in the bed- so I'm pretty sure- with the 600# 5th wheel hitch in the bed, he was slight overloaded pulling the camper home.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts