DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have 4 Hella 500 lights behind my grille their pretty bright and they give my truck a different look than the other dodges

Attachments

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Yep, that's freaking awesome. Wonder if they have something like that for the 4th Gens...

·
Registered
47 Posts
How'd you go about mounting those? I've been thinking about doing that on mine for a while..

·
Registered
150 Posts
bought 2 hella black magics a year ago, still waiting to get installed. i love how you mounted 4 of them, in that patern! they look great on and off en definately different! :smileup:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well first i wanted to put the 4 hellas in the middle corners of the cross bars of the grille but there is stuff in the way so i called my buddy over to think of ways we could do this because i put two lights behind his f150 so we sat there for awhile looking at ways we can put them in so i saw the white tabs and pulled one out and i saw it would work for the top then i measured the bottom and marked the bottom distances and drilled them and on the top there are already holes from the white tabs holding the hood release cable but you have to make them bigger for the light bolts the top is just harder to put in because lack of space if you have big fingers like me wireing it up is easy too just ziptie the wires to the frame and then i ran them in the empty space between the fender and pulled the fuses out near the battery for easy change if one blows. now on the inside i mounted the two switches on the left side of the steering wheel right next to the turn signal dash wise (ill post the pic)

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
nice work! I had 2 KC daylighters behind my grille for a while, then wanted more so I got an n fab light bar and 2 more daylighters.... its like daylight at night, the truckers learn pretty quick not to play the light game unless they want to eat rubarb

I havent gotten around to getting night time pics from inside the cab but it is well worth the money

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i want a few Rigid dually lights. i want one on each of my side mirrors and a few other places. my Hellas are bright it will light up a good mile or two down the road

·
Registered
35,470 Posts
They all look sweet.....Nicely done......

·
Registered
30 Posts
Definatley haven't seen any other Rams with this set-up good stuff, Gave me some ideas what i want to put on mine.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I really like that set up and now it has given me some really good inspiration on what to do with my truck. did you happen to take a pic as to where you mounted the switch at?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts