DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This one is the one I hate the most...and it gets done about two or maybe three times a year.

Washing the truck (which seems more like a school bus when you're actually washing it...)

I mowed the lawn this morning, did the weed eating, edging, and weeding, then figured I'd wash the truck while I was filthy. Well, about 4 hours later this is what I got:

I cleaned the whole inside 2 weekends ago, that's usually once or twice a year. Did the wife's car that same weekend inside and out.

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
Mowing lawn in December....what's that like? :D
Truck sure looks good!

·
Registered
89 Posts
ha ha yea my girl friend makes fun of me when i clean the truck because it takes 5 to 6 hours inside and out but it sure does turn out good when its all done. your truck looks great

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
2/3 times a year.. guess I am a little obsessed ha Summer time she is washed & waxed every second week at the least. I am kind of a clean freak when it comes to my truck though.

But a green christmas eh.. never saw one of those up here yet ha

She looks good though my friend

·
Registered
427 Posts
In Florida this is probably the best time of year to do all that yard work. I went to my wife's family reunion back in August. It was in Dade City. So freakin hot! Any way That is a sharp truck.:smileup:

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL I didn't even think about it being december, it was like 80 deg today! I reserved a heritage soft tail today from eagle rider for the monday after xmas to go riding, should be pretty warm out :) (yeah....I'm rubbing it in, hehe). Thanks for the compliments, I need to pull those step bars off to put my new ones on. I think I'm going to do that tomorrow, along with some work on the buell.

When I was in high school I washed/waxed/fully detailed my 1981 F100 every other weekend, it was literally every other saturday for at least 6-8 hours. I gave up on washing this truck all the time to try and keep it clean, I work construction so it's always dirty, plus I drive so much nowadays that it stays dirty anyway. I just washed it today and then we drove it about 200 miles tonight and it has bugs all over the front again :( Oh well. The main reason I wash it anymore is to protect it.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I wash my truck every week and use quick detailer. Every other week I do a full detail with a quick wax. Water usually just runs off as long as I don't get it to dirty. I also hand wash if it decently warm.

·
Banned
2,118 Posts
Heck it drives me nuts only washing vehicles once a month, I feel like I'm neglecting them! Lol but I also use to detail cars (not new car dealership detailing either haha

·
Registered
111 Posts
I may end up washing my truck once a week in the winter never mind the summer ... Good lookin' truck by the way

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Bettis.

It's just impossible for me to wash it regularly, it takes a day to wash the outside, and more than half a day to do the inside. Let's not even talk about waxing...lol. Last time I waxed it was a long weekend (monday off), I washed it saturday, did the inside sunday, waxed it monday, and the wife was pissed off all week lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts