DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a new truck last tuesday. I'm really liking it so far. I'm honestly not sure if it's a sport or an express. I'm wanting to put some nice rumbly exhaust that won't void my warranty. Trying to find a rubber bed mat, too. I see a lot of people on here complaining about the motor, but to me it has plenty of power. The bright lights could be a little brighter, but overall I'm really pleased. I wish I would have gotten one with an upper console, but I reckon I can live without it.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Nice looking truck! I have the same, except in Deep Cherry Red. You have an Express. You can tell by the black mirrors and door handles. The sports have the color matched covers on the mirrors and handles. I know what you mean about the overhead console...I didn't realize my truck didn't have it until after we signed the papers. But that's ok. Is it just the picture or do you already have it leveled?

Again, congrats on the new truck! You'll love it, I know I love mine. And yes the HEMI has lots of power, but honestly I never drive hard enough to even come close to using all of it

·
Registered
917 Posts
Nice truck. Welcome to the forum!!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Heath,

I've had my new truck about a month now. If my understanding is correct, the "Express" is the regular cab truck (like mine). For example, mine is offially called a 2012 Dodge RAM 1500 Express ST. Again, it's the regular cab, 6'3" bed, chrome-covered 20" wheels and the 5.7L Hemi.

Being a newbie to Dodge I may be misinformed, but for what it's worth, that is my understanding of what classifies a RAM as the "Express" model (the regular cab that is).

If my info is inaccurate, I'm sure someone will chime in with corrected info.

Best,
Daryl:wavey:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts