DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a new 2017 Ecodiesel CC Bighorn 4x4 with 3:92 gears! Wow, quite a lot smoother than my 05 hemi was. Dealer gave me $10,500 for my almost 280,000 mile 05. Then took off $6,000. A guy called me, that had just bought my 05 from them for$10,500, said it would make a nice companion for his Hellcat! Can't believe the mpg's with this Diesel! First tank will go over 30 mpg, I believe, 29.8, now!:smileup:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
I thought you just bought a 17 Hemi?

·
Premium Member
32,787 Posts
My 2016 ecodiesel averaged 25.7 MPH, San Diego Ca to Danbury Ct
It has 35,000 miles on it currently

That is what my EVIC reads, i don't care what it actually gets MPG wise, not worth doing the math

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a 2017 Bighorn hemi as a company truck, the Eco Diesel is my personal truck, and I love em both! Can't seem to crack 30 mpg, it's in the 29's right now. Easier to "hyper mile" than the hemi, but I've hit 25 mpg a few times with the hemi. If I can keep it out of the city, the Eco Diesel is impressive!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Love the mileage with the Ecodiesel

I'm getting 25 right now. Only have 1800 miles on it though, so I'm hoping it might even get better!

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
If you can get 25 with a Hemi then you can probably get 35 with the Ecodiesel

·
Super Moderator
19 Ram 1500 Big Horn Sport 5.7 Hemi 4X4 QC
6,626 Posts
That is what my EVIC reads, i don't care what it actually gets MPG wise, not worth doing the math
They have an APP for that. LOL Yeah, I have noticed the EVIC does go to generous side, as far as reporting mileage per gallon. I use my Fuel Log app on my phone. I trust it more than the EVIC. "Of course you mileage may very... " :SHOCKED:

·
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
3,247 Posts
Congrats on the new Ecodiesel. There's been a lot of members here recently that seem to be picking those up.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
Congrats on the new Ecodiesel. There's been a lot of members here recently that seem to be picking those up.
Because the EPA finally bugged off and let Ram sell them again

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK, now with almost 3,000 miles, I am very impressed! Realize, I'm in Maine, almost no city driving and rarely go over 65, I have broken 30 mpg on a tank, last tank is averaging 30.5 mpg! I keep forgetting that it's a diesel, I know you should let it idle down a bit before shutting down..... Next goal= to get over 800 miles on a 26 gallon tank.:smileup:

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
That would be impressive; I've got 700 out of a 32 gallon tank with my Hemi and thought it was phenomenal

1 - 11 of 11 Posts