DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it's been a while since o have been here, traded my 2013 sport for a flame red 2019. What a sweet truck. It's nice going from the 6 speed to the 8 speed. My 2013 was a great truck mechanically but was rusting. Going to spend some money above what I did in the last one trying to prevent that on this one. Does anyone know if the lights that go in the box are pre wired? I didn't order it with that option. Have most of the other big options though, nav, sunroof, heated vented leather, alpine speakers etc.

Here's some pics.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Well it's been a while since o have been here, traded my 2013 sport for a flame red 2019. What a sweet truck. It's nice going from the 6 speed to the 8 speed. My 2013 was a great truck mechanically but was rusting. Going to spend some money above what I did in the last one trying to prevent that on this one. Does anyone know if the lights that go in the box are pre wired? I didn't order it with that option. Have most of the other big options though, nav, sunroof, heated vented leather, alpine speakers etc.

Here's some pics.

Gorgeous truck and color. Congrats!

·
Registered
2014 345ci 8hp70 44-44 3.92 Truetrac NX Express Comp Greene Racing
1,643 Posts
Nice truck and the first QC I've actually seen a side view of, but if I had a gun to my head to drive a 5th it would be a crew due to this terrible profile. Why!

Where was your 13 starting to rust and how often were you washing during winter and the salt period?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
Congrats, very nice truck. The 8 speed is so much nicer than the 6 and the new 8HP75 is an upgrade from the previous 8 speed 8HP70.
Do you have etorque?

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congrats, very nice truck. The 8 speed is so much nicer than the 6 and the new 8HP75 is an upgrade from the previous 8 speed 8HP70.
Do you have etorque?
E torque isn't available on the 2019's yet, or atleast wasn't in May where. I ordered the truck. I thought about waiting but if you do the math on the estimated cost of the option it would take 5 years to pay itself back assuming
You never have any issues, have to replace batteries, which would cost nothing under warranty other than my time but once out of warranty the costs to fix entorque and the batteries would be expensive IMO. I think the e torque is something that Ram can grow upon extensively and they are realeasing this mild version to do just that.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice truck and the first QC I've actually seen a side view of, but if I had a gun to my head to drive a 5th it would be a crew due to this terrible profile. Why!

Where was your 13 starting to rust and how often were you washing during winter and the salt period?
Thanks. I never noticed the rear door windows and to be honest they don't bother me 1 bit. The 5th gens are beautiful trucks, I didn't like them when they first came out but they grew on me quickly. I ordered this one before any local dealers had one, so it was bought site unseen, no test drive.

My 2013 had the following rust/ corrosion issues
- Corner of Sport hood ( very common issue) - replaced under warranty
- Drivers side of box - Replaced under warranty
- Rear bumper around sensors - told by dealer to be a known issue because sensors move slightly, also told rear bumper is a wear item so it's not warranties
- Roof - told was due to rock chips which I proved otherwise - not covered.

Both Ram and Diamond kote rust box ( would never spend anther penny of that fawkin company) denied the roof abd bumper from 2 different dealers. Quotes were over $2000 to fix bumper and roof.

I will admit that I shouldn't have taken more care of cleaning it in the winter. Now that's at my garage is heated it will be much easier. The rear bumper in no way was affected by salt. That is easily proven by the fact that that the 5 gen rear sensors were mounted to plastic pieces, no direct to a painted bumpers, and that it was admittedly that they move very slightly.

A side from that the 2013 was a good truck for 90,000 kms. Only other things done were both manifolds for broken studs under warranty.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
I've yet to see a 5th gen in a real color other than Delmonico (white, grays, and black don't count), and I've always liked flame red. I still prefer the quad cab but haven't seen a 5th gen one yet.

Now that I live where they salt I am hoping I can get through the 3 winters I'll be here without any rust issues-which reminds me I need to set up an appointment with Krown in St Louis soon

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Congrats on the 19 brother....that looks awesome.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Beautiful truck. Love that color

Also, Ignore GARC. I think that side profile looks great. I don't think he likes anything except his so called "widebody" ram.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Great truck, one of the few QC 19s I've seen! I actually prefer the QC, I think they went overboard with the CC, making it huge! What size wheels are those? For some reason I've seen a lot of the new rams with 20" wheels that seem "smaller" in comparison to the 20" wheels on my 11 Sport. Like, you can see huge gaping space around the wheels. Yours looks great though!

Here's some pics.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Great truck, one of the few QC 19s I've seen! I actually prefer the QC, I think they went overboard with the CC, making it huge! What size wheels are those? For some reason I've seen a lot of the new rams with 20" wheels that seem "smaller" in comparison to the 20" wheels on my 11 Sport. Like, you can see huge gaping space around the wheels. Yours looks great though!

Those are 20" Wheels specific to the Sport. I think they may appear a little smaller because they have a more complex design.

Great looking truck by the way.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Congrats on the 19 brother....that looks awesome.
Thanks! I see you're from Ancaster,
I was born and raised (until 13) in Ancaster on Hwy 53. Our farm (field) was next to Bennett's.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks everyone! I went with the quad cab for length, my garage is 24x24. I needed a 6'4" box and with the new crew cabs being 4 inches longer than the previous crew cabs plus the the 6'4" box the truck wouldn't fit in the garage, not that it really goes in there much I guess lol I do sort of wish I had the crew cab though because now with no fold flat floor in the back there is no underseat storage, which means there is no storage in the truck. But I'm happy with what I ordered.

·
Registered
50 Posts
There is no longer the fold flat rear floor option in the QC? Wow, that's too bad, I use mine a lot!

Thanks everyone! I went with the quad cab for length, my garage is 24x24. I needed a 6'4" box and with the new crew cabs being 4 inches longer than the previous crew cabs plus the the 6'4" box the truck wouldn't fit in the garage, not that it really goes in there much I guess lol I do sort of wish I had the crew cab though because now with no fold flat floor in the back there is no underseat storage, which means there is no storage in the truck. But I'm happy with what I ordered.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
There is no longer the fold flat rear floor option in the QC? Wow, that's too bad, I use mine a lot!
The entire floor in the back is flat not, no more hump in the centre. I only wanted the little storage compartment under the rear seat like on my 2013, I don't know where they hid the sub woofer on this new truck but there could have been lots of under seat storage.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts