DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Looking Good! I want to do the opposite - paint the back of my badge to match the red. How's one do that???

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looking Good! I want to do the opposite - paint the back of my badge to match the red. How's one do that???
The ram head comes off of the backing. Separate the two and paint the back red and the ram black then snap them back together.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Looks good, did you do the outside of the lense in VHT or did you bake them apart and do the chrome on the inside? If it's nice Monday or Tuesday I've got the Chrome Shadow paint that I intend on doing on the inside of mine.

Yeah, RedRiverRam, the badge is pretty easy to get apart. Just two tabs and you fold the black part where the crease is and it pops right apart.

Here's what mine looks like painted MangoTango to match the truck

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks good, did you do the outside of the lense in VHT or did you bake them apart and do the chrome on the inside? If it's nice Monday or Tuesday I've got the Chrome Shadow paint that I intend on doing on the inside of mine.

Yeah, RedRiverRam, the badge is pretty easy to get apart. Just two tabs and you fold the black part where the crease is and it pops right apart.

Here's what mine looks like painted MangoTango to match the truck
just did one coat on the outside

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Oh you tinted the outside of your headlights does that not kill your light out put i know it did on my tails

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh you tinted the outside of your headlights does that not kill your light out put i know it did on my tails
I only did one light coat, but yes it definitely made the light output worse but not too bad. i plan on getting hids in the future so that should solve that problem :devil:

·
Registered
86 Posts
I really like the Idea to paint your headlights cost $10 lol or buy

aftermarket for $200 something looks good :smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I really like the Idea to paint your headlights cost $10 lol or buy

aftermarket for $200 something looks good :smiley_thumbs_up:
Thanks man...i'm with you, all the mods on my truck have cost less than $50 except for my exhaust of course

·
Registered
231 Posts
Before I get started - does the tailgate badge pop apart like the grille's - figure I'd like to paint to match the black in both.

·
Registered
573 Posts
That looks really good. I've been considering adding the Challenger hood stripes to my hood in a dark grey. Wonder how that'd look on a black truck

1 - 18 of 18 Posts