DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally stepped up and bought my CAI. It is a Spectre with a 4" tube and it makes a world of a difference. I have driven about 200 miles since i have put it on and have been getting right around 15mpg. That's going to be hard to keep up because as soon as I step on the gas i have a hard time letting up because now the hemi sounds like a BEAST!

Reactions: JackDaniel

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice upgrade!!! That's a pretty smooth looking tube.

Im really happy with it! i figured there cant be to much performance lost with the metal tube and whatever loss there is i don't think i would be able to tell. and the price of it hell no! I walked out of the store with it for $160

·
Administrator
2008 RAM 1500 ST 3.7L Magnum V6 PS2
54,061 Posts
Very nice mod, looks great congrats!

- Cajun

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
thats a pretty sharp lookin intake you got there but its gonna be a PITA to keep clean

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Nice looking intake.

·
Registered
269 Posts
looks good!! congrats

·
Registered
11 Posts
That looks good on there! I have thinking about the same one. Can't beat it for the price.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Only thing I would do is swap the filter itself for one of the AEM dryflow filters (usually around $50 at the store). They just tend to do a better job of actually filtering the air than the oiled filters do.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will need to look into that. Thanks!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The only problem i am having with it is that i was unable to get the bolt back into the fan shroud to hold the front of the heat shield in place. I will need to get a longer bolt or figure something else out because this rattling is driving me crazy!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mine rattles too. It drives me crazy. Although, I have installed a longer bolt but it still rattles under low acceleration. Sounds like a loose washer on a blot. Weirdly though it won't do it in neutral or if i brake torque:4-dontknow:? Any advice?
P.S. It isnt engine knock, i watched the real time data from my dsp and there was no lt or st knock retard. Running correct octane gas as well. It seems awful coincidental that it rattles right after the cai install.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I was just going to ask where you guys picked this CAI up but now i dont know if want that rattling issue.
has anyone figured this out yet?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Could you spray something like rhino lining on it to insulate it? And, what all CAI's go behind the grill like that? Thats the kind I want.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i have yet to find the cause of the rattle, i have not been able to find a longer body panel bolt for the fan shroud but also another area im going to look at is the wheel well housing. The shroud in there is resting on the top of the shock mount where on the other side it is not touching. Ill start narrowing it down and let you guys know.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So i found whats causing the rattle, Its he heat shield on the on the bottom left side (at least on mine) i will put a picture up shortly but my temporary fix is just a piece of cardboard but it will give you the idea of where its coming from.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts