DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally bought a CAI, but I was wondering if someone could help me out on what to use for a bracket...i know getting a bracket for this type of CAI is something other people on here have had to mess with.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Unfortunately I can't help you with the bracket. Was wondering what kind of intake this is. Looking for one for my truck but can't decide what i want.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Nice BFI you have there, I have #58 and love it. As for a bracket I used 2 throttle return springs trimmed to the proper length. They are hooked to the small tab on top of the intake and then to the holes in the fender where the stock intake was attached to. I used one of the oe bolts to anchor one of the springs. Been over a year with no problems. Try this link, its the only pic I have right now http://s1110.photobucket.com/albums/h441/hawk02/?action=view&current=P1010001-6.jpg

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
I bolted in an eyebolt in one of the bolt holes and used a spring to give it flex and a wire tie for security..

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
Unfortunately I can't help you with the bracket. Was wondering what kind of intake this is. Looking for one for my truck but can't decide what i want.
unfortunately this cai is a rare breed (long story), if you keep an eye out on dodge forum classifieds you may see someone sell one if they get rid of their trucks...do a search on airflow innovations..I was able to get mine when he first started then the huge demand came in and he couldn't keep up and everyone said he was scammin, this is a great product, too bad none of the bigger mfg's picked it up to mass produce...

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I really need one of these intakes any suggestions?

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
yours would have to be custom made..I'm surprised none of the big boys have picked up on this theory and run with it...

·
Registered
340 Posts
The connection is not to big so there is not much flex at the intake. Something needs to give in there. So I think yes, it needs to flex.

Me..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts