DODGE RAM FORUM banner

My new intake

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Raneman 
#1 ·
Well I finally bought a CAI, but I was wondering if someone could help me out on what to use for a bracket...i know getting a bracket for this type of CAI is something other people on here have had to mess with.

See less See more
#5 ·
unfortunately this cai is a rare breed (long story), if you keep an eye out on dodge forum classifieds you may see someone sell one if they get rid of their trucks...do a search on airflow innovations..I was able to get mine when he first started then the huge demand came in and he couldn't keep up and everyone said he was scammin, this is a great product, too bad none of the bigger mfg's picked it up to mass produce...

#3 ·
Nice BFI you have there, I have #58 and love it. As for a bracket I used 2 throttle return springs trimmed to the proper length. They are hooked to the small tab on top of the intake and then to the holes in the fender where the stock intake was attached to. I used one of the oe bolts to anchor one of the springs. Been over a year with no problems. Try this link, its the only pic I have right now http://s1110.photobucket.com/albums/h441/hawk02/?action=view&current=P1010001-6.jpg

#6 ·
I really need one of these intakes any suggestions?

#9 ·
The connection is not to big so there is not much flex at the intake. Something needs to give in there. So I think yes, it needs to flex.

Me..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.