DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I picked up my truck last week, I really appreciate all the info available on the site, I searched around different forums and this one clearly is the best. My first brand new truck was a 1997 F-150 XL 4x4 and I was pretty young and couldn't afford to do much to it and was hard to justify later doing things to it with all the other expenses of having a family. Well I am a touch older now and was ready for a new truck, this time I am making sure I do it all right from the start. The dealer I got it from (Haley's Dodge in Whiterock) was awesome and besides getting a smokin deal to start with was able to include a bunch of upgrades in the financing so it hurts a lot less.

It is a 2010 1500 sport, pretty much the full load options wise with leather sunroof, entertainment packages etc... Just got a readlift 2.5"front/1.5" rear levelling kit, I wanted to keep a bit of the rake with some extra height in the back. I haven't decided on rims yet and actually don't mind the stock aluminum 20"x9" rims for now. Installed 295/65/r20 Nitto Trail Grapplers too. I was going to go with the 35x12.5/r20 but they are probably a touch wide.

295/65/r20 are actually 35.5 x 12 diameter and the 35x12 are actually over 13' wide which was going to cause rubbing issues. With the stock rim, I actually had to put in 1/4" wheel spacers so whatever rims I end up with should probably be a 0 offset.

Still on the todo list and parts on order are:
Ram Air hood or R/T hood
Matte Black rims
AFE CAI and throttle body spacer
Bushwhacker extend-a-fender
Spray-in bedliner
Tonneau cover
locking gas cover

here are some pics sitting in my driveway.

Attachments

·
Registered
458 Posts
Looks great!!

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
Nice truck. We won't hold the Found On Road Dead against you, now that you have a real truck. :D

Keep us posted on how the modding goes and of course pics are always welcome.

·
Administrator
2008 RAM 1500 ST 3.7L Magnum V6 PS2
53,930 Posts
Very nice truck and the fastest color, too, thanks for sharing the pics! Looking forward to seeing the rest of your mods, so be sure to keep us posted! :smileup:

- Cajun

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello fellow Canadian I'm Just over in Langley/Surrey. how are you liking the nitto's I was just looking at those tires today

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
nice looking truck!

Exco

E

·
0 Posts
Congrats on the new truck!

Keep us updated on your mods and, remember, pics are required. :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hello fellow Canadian I'm Just over in Langley/Surrey. how are you liking the nitto's I was just looking at those tires today
Well I don't have a lot of time on them yet but my first impressions are that they are really quiet, I was only able to get up to 110km/hr and barely heard them. You definitely feel the tread though, especially at low speed. Not sure how accurate the fuel economy feature is but seem to be getting 3L/100 worse after putting them on. I also have a 3.92 gear ratio which helps turn the bigger tires. Really expensive tire, $30-$70 more per tire then other ones I was looking at.

I got mine through lowriders in Surrey, you might be able to find a better deal but was really impressed with their customer service and seems like they stand behind what they sell. At the very least, they're worth talking to.

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
:smileup:NIce man......................Very, very nice.:smileup:

·
Registered
98 Posts
I like the tires. They give the truck an even beefier look. Did they change how the truck rides?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I like the tires. They give the truck an even beefier look. Did they change how the truck rides?
I didn't really have the truck long enough before adding the tires to know the extent of it but you do notice them, especially at lower speeds. Again hit the highway yesterday and barely noticeable noise.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
congrats......got some meat on the sneakers.:Wow1:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts