DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Warning - Long Thread Notice!!!! :D

I wanted to share some history and pics of my other MOPAR, a 2006 Chrysler 300C SRT8, and document some of the mods I've done.

This car is my second LX vehicle (Dodge Charger, Dodge Magnum, Chrysler 300) after having owned a Cool Vanilla 300C prior to this one.

Here's a pic of the CV 300 I took and a render done by my buddy Hazman:

I owned the CV almost one month to the day when I spied a Bright Silver Metallic SRT8 in the dealer's lot one Saturday morning. I had been looking and looking for an SRT8 but at that time, they were hard to find. And then one shows up in my back yard. It was fate!

I rationalize the fact that I turned over a new car for another one and that I now have the SRT8 because of the actions of the local police. They warned me that I needed to put a front plate on the CV and I was only complying with that order, picking up the front plate bracket that morning. ;)

I checked out the car, listened to the salesman fill my ears with nonsense (I had done my research on the SRT), then went home and did my homework. Later that day I sent an inquiry to the dealer's internet sales manager about the car and made an appointment the next morning to check out the car.

So on May 7, 2007 I ended up owning it after the obligatory negotiations and paperwork.

New & Old:

First Day Home:

Oh, and to just let you know how sick I am with respects to modding cars and trucks, I owned the CV just 1 day longer than a month and it had an exhaust, CAI and tint done and I had demolded/debadged it. And the SRT8 got modded before I even left the lot...the CAI got swapped over...LOL...

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
One weekend later I went to my first local Meet & Greet...and did another mod! LOL I upgraded my NAV disc with a hacked one that gave me the option to change destinations in-motion vs. having to stop. Plus, it had some nice map options on it. I continue to get updates from my buddy here locally.

From left to right are Don's Magnum, Scott's Magnum, Ron's Charger, Hank's Magnum SRT and my 300 SRT. Ron has since disappeared but Don, Scott, Hank and myself still get together, 3 years later.

There have been a lot of M&G's since, small medium and large. We do a large day-long cruise up to Mount St. Helens each August, a few of us do the road trip to SoCal for LX Spring Festival each March and there are always great mod parties in between. Here's a few funny mod party pics...

The Hood Monkey - Brad's 392 forged stroker motor install:

Another Hood Monkey - Roger's shaker hood install:

Phil's SRT8 hood install. Hank and Phil were trying to figure out which end went where...LMAO:

Audio Audio Audio on Luis' SRT:

Roger became a Trunk Monkey when we did his audio:

Most of this stuff we have done in my garage and the local LX owners are a great bunch to hang out with.

Now, on to my SRT and the fun I have had with it...

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do practice what I preach...my first mod was the CAI. Right after that I did the exhaust, replacing the stock "suitcase" single case/dual in dual out muffler for a set of Magnaflow mufflers, some nice double walled brushed aluminum tips and a resonator delete. The 6.1L engine does not have MDS so I wasn't worried about drone!

Having gotten that out of the way it was time for a minor exterior mod...time to demold and debadge!!!

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The rest of 2007 was pretty quiet on mods...I just enjoyed driving the car and planning out my mod plan.

In 2008 I went crazy...

The Predator finally became available for the cars and I got one on January:

I upgraded to a different CAI that same month:

I hooked up with a firm that makes billet interior and exterior accessories. I think I have almost everything they make for the 300. My first piece was a catch can:

I have since upgraded to this one and passed along the brushed one to someone less fortunate than I as a gift for his Charger:

I put on a set of tinted LED tail lights, LED turn signal bulbs and LED backup bulbs:

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK...in June of 2008 I went crazy.... upgraded HID headlights, HID foglights, Grip grille, more billet, wheels....I had the car tore apart and up on jackstands for the better part of a month. I had a blast!!!

HID's and Fogs were upgraded to 8,000K:

Grip grille and front fascia mesh installation. I also deleted the headlight washers (stupid option that didn't work!):

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So to finish up the front end and move on..

The stock wheels and the powdercoated results with some nice billet center caps:

Ready to hit the ground running...

Finally!!!! Out of the garage and ready to go!

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OMG...the billet...here's some random shots of the billet stuff I have on the car...

Trunk wing:

Fusebox cover:

Visor badge:

Front fender emblems:

Door sill plates:

Interior knobs & switches:

Interior plate:

Yup...there's more...

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
More billet???? You bet!

Shifter plate:

Underhood billet:

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So you may have noticed some other underhood mods going on so here they are.

Strut tower brace:

Engine covers:

I changed my mind after the strut tower brace went on and powdercoated them to match the brace and the wheels:

I have several other covers that I got recently and need to get to the powdercoater:

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I am ever looking for even the slightest gains in HP so I swapped out the Volant CAI for an AirHammer!

And my last underhood cover, which also awaits my getting it to the powdercoater. It covers the area over the radiator core support and headlights:

Suspension was fun and it really made a huge difference. I have a set of KW V1 coilovers and Hotchkis swaybars. Here's a before and after pic of the car and a pic or two of it running down the road:

OK...you thought that was all??? LMAO...

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Audio and some RAMMAT:

I initially upgraded the stock audio with a Kicker accessory amp, some Alpine and Infinity Reference speakers, then added an Alpine sub and amp.

2011 will see a total audio upgrade from front to rear.

The RAMMAT job was icky, sticky and hot...but it really helped the audio performance and cut down on the road noise coming from the trunk.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
People ask me what my favorite mod is. I normally tell them it's the one I am working on now or planning to do next! It's hard to pick a favorite one.

Performance is a big thing for me so is it the Predator? The intake? The exhaust? Is it the combination of those things? Is it the CMR tune stacked on top of the Predator?

Handling is also big with me. So is it the coilover, strut tower brace and swaybars???

Audio is HUGE with me. So is it the mods I have done or are about to do?

I would necessarily have to pick audio as my fave if it wasn't for one mod that I have, and have helped install in other LX vehicles, that I use EVERY TIME I drive the car and thoroughly enjoy what it brings to the performance envelope.

That would be the paddle shifters. Yup, just like some other high end cars, my SRT has paddle shifters. It didn't come that way. They were added:

As usual, my driveway looks like a LX convention...LOL

Then you start tearing apart the interior, pull out the console, pull the air bag, the steering wheel, the steering clockspring, etc...

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Then ya start cutting, modifying, wiring and soldering just to put these in:

Then ya put it all back together and end up with what I consider The Best mod I've done to the car.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
This car is no garage queen, either. One week after I got it we went on a 1440 mile road trip to Idaho to visit family:

Quite a few trips to the coast to sample some local wines and cheese:

Two LX Spring Festivals in Irvine, California:

Every August it is the annual PNW LX Mount St. Helens run:

And we go racin'... :D

Sometimes the SRT sits on the sidelines and I get to punish someone else's car, like during the SRT Experience here in Portland:

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The SRT Challenge is a blast. You get to drive ALL the SRT cars...

Here's some more pics from that event:

Me and my buddy Jay (Tork Monster on 300forumZ)

Me and our team leader, Hammer! (Yes, he IS as crazy as he looks here...)

OK...that's it for now. I have an audio upgrade to do and some engine covers to powdercoat so stay tuned!

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Thanks for sharing Michael! I enjoyed reading and looking at your pictures! I love your car and it has come a very long way from since you got it!

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks, Dillon. I think I only skimmed the surface of a lot of my pics here but it gives ya the idea of how sick I am...LOL

I see Tom lurking here...be nice Tom!!!

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
Wow Michael. I've seen comments about your 300 and all the mods you've done to it and your Ram.

The pics were awesome, thanks for sharing them and the report that went with them. :rep:

·
Administrator
53,006 Posts
Awesome thread Michael, glad you finally did it! Really enjoyed that, thanks for taking the time to put it together! :smileup:

- Cajun

1 - 20 of 75 Posts