DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i washed my truck and washed today and waxed it and it still feels rough. what can i use to get that clean slick feeling?

thanks alot

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
All that Werm. has mentioned are good. Im a big one for Mcguires....just me. Had good luck with there products...Why change?

·
Registered
17,710 Posts
The ones Werm mentioned are all comparable. I'm a Mother's boy so I use their kit every spring and once in the summer, and the results are spectacular. Smooth paint, removes rail dust (if present), tar, etc. Makes a huge difference to the finish, just take your time and keep kneeding the bar as you use it.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I would have to agree, clay bar time!! I used it on my truck it makes the paint feel like glass. It takes out al the crap that sticks to the paint. You will be very surprised to what the clay bar accomplishes!!!

·
Registered
17,710 Posts
regular washing and waxing with a good synthetic or caranuba paste. Follow a regular finish maintenance program. If you want a deep down luster, I'd recommend wet sanding and polishing the clear (or getting someone to do it for you). Here's the mother's care guide that I follow (or close enough)

http://www.detailguide.com/index.html

1 - 20 of 24 Posts